Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lag with DSP_Soundtouch (Read 1166 times) previous topic - next topic

Lag with DSP_Soundtouch

This plugin has worked for over 10 years and still does, but there's now a 30 second lag between adjusting the settings and the adjustment kicking in.  I tried updating the .NET Framework (one of the 2 requirements to get it to work) but no help; I seem to have the latest VC Runtime Libraries already (the other requirement).  Versions back to 1.3.10 don't help, either - this problem is new, in the last month or two.  Anybody know what happened, and if it can be fixed?  I'm a musician and this plugin is invaluable to me for practicing/transcribing.  Please don't make me use Amazing Slow Downer, which is horrible in various ways...

There's an established thread for DSP_Soundtouch too and I'd post about this there, but it seems to be locked.

Re: Lag with DSP_Soundtouch

Reply #1
This lag depends on buffer length. File->Preferences->Playback->Output->Buffer length

Re: Lag with DSP_Soundtouch

Reply #2
Thanks, man, that fixed it of course.  I cranked the buffer up to deal with some other problem, wonder what that was?   :-*   Guess I'll find out.  Playback skipping I think.