Skip to main content

Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 214279 times) previous topic - next topic

• eldarien
  • [*][*][*]
  • Developer
Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls
Reply #450
I installed this and when I right click on taskbar and select deskband controls form toolbars it appears just for a second and then disappears. I am able to right click on it and choose settings in that second if that can help.
That is because HideIfNotPlaying setting is on by default. Try to play some music.

• Bero1707
  • [*][*]
Reply #451
Thank You. Great update! Can I remove copy artist, copy title and search internet and add run services (plugin)? I like my right click menu nice and simplistic.

• arch21
  • [*]
Reply #452
Thank you, have been waiting for update and nice to see new features :)
Volume control doesn't seem follow volume step setting from foobar2000. Is it possible to fix this? anyway I also face this issue with Columns UI volume control and its not fixed until now.  I don't much about the SDK, but I hope its possible, thanks

• Bero1707
  • [*][*]
Reply #453
I have an idea: get rid of copy artist, copy title and search internet on right click menu (or give option to disable) and add playlist menu so we can select different song from playlist without opening foobar window.

• DVS
  • [*]
Reply #454
Is it possible to fill the bottom of the panel?
  • Last Edit: 05 March, 2017, 02:05:51 PM by DVS

• eldarien
  • [*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #455
Absolutely. If you just want to shift content to the center - use offset field in the settings. If not - configure it however you want - you can move or hide anything and add more text fields.

• DVS
  • [*]
Reply #456
I am trying to resize the artwork only, but cover hides the buttons. As I understand it, will have to edit the position of each button separately with respect to each other? Ready-made profiles for wide panels do not exist?

• eldarien
  • [*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #457
As I understand it, will have to edit the position of each button separately with respect to each other?
Yep.
Ready-made profiles for wide panels do not exist?
Not yet in this version.

• Bero1707
  • [*][*]
Reply #458
Here is profile I made if anybody needs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzawF0s2z7TuM1VfUUVKTzBpajg
It fits windows 7 taskbar nicely at any resolution or size unlike previous versions of this plugin.
I use this profile for 2 computers with different screen resolutions and size and it fits both perfectly.

Reply #459
Hi, I have some bugs for you to crush, eldarien.
Here is a pic:

I have my Windows Taskbar set to autohide, and i can sometimes crash explorer.exe with randomly hovering my mouse over DeskBand if tooltip is enabled.
Oh, the error says we have an unhandled exception.
Another one: the tooltip window is not respecting the DeskBand position on the screen, when taskbar is set to autohide.

Very good new version and features! Good job!

• eldarien
  • [*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #460
Hi, I have some bugs for you to crush, eldarien.
Hi shadowsteve!
Thank you for this report, I'll take a look.

• eldarien
  • [*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #461
Deskband Controls is now in official plugin repository, yay!

Version 3.1 is available here,
but you can also use "Get Updates" function in foobar2000.

** Changelog:

March 21 2017
  * Version 3.1.0
  + New installer/uninstaller system. Installer is integrated into foobar2000 plugin.
  + Deskband Controls is now distributed from official plugins repository.
  + Context menu settings - ability to select context menu items that shold be visible.
  - Fixed issues with tooltip window positioning and tooltip crush on Win10.

Please give me some feedback on how new installer worked for you.

• Bero1707
  • [*][*]
Reply #462
Thank you! Installer worked like a charm. I'm glad you included things I suggested in this update.

• aeidein
  • [*][*]
Reply #463
Just upgraded to the latest major version — took a while to redo everything, but overall a great improvement!

• would be nice to set delay before displaying tooltip
  • setting tooltip background to transparent crashes things
  • bars: transparency in background color doesn't seem to work.  if transparency worked, it would be great if the background and foreground colors didn't overlap.

Thanks for your work on this amazing component!

• eldarien
  • [*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #464
Hi aeidein!
Can you explain in more details this one:
  • bars: transparency in background color doesn't seem to work.  if transparency worked, it would be great if the background and foreground colors didn't overlap.

Also, your setup looks very nice. Can you share it with us?
And how do you feel about making it one of default deskband controls presets?  ;)

• aeidein
  • [*][*]
Reply #465
Hi aeidein!
Can you explain in more details this one:
I'm trying to make the volume/position bars be white on white (e.g. #60FFFFFF on #10FFFFFF), but it results in an all-white bar.  The other background colors don't seem to appear as what's specified either (e.g. #FFFF0000 appears the same as #00FF0000); it seems to always be the same opacity as the foreground color.

Also, your setup looks very nice. Can you share it with us?
And how do you feel about making it one of default deskband controls presets?  ;)
Of course!  Here's the latest version of the one I made tonight: http://pastebin.com/GShJpXDG

• Bero1707
  • [*][*]
Reply #466
Is it possible to have option to minimize foobar window to tray by clicking on album art of this plugin, in the future, so I can sometimes minimize to tray (this plugin) and sometimes to taskbar without changing foobar settings? This would also eliminate need for foobar tray icon for me.

Ability to select different song from current playlist in context menu of this plugin would be awesome too. (like MediaMonkey player)

And since "toggle stop after current" now has checkbox I suggest to renaming it to just "stop after current".

• FritzLn
  • [*]
Reply #467
i think the "stop playback after current" button is backwards. it's supposed to be filled with color when it's active, but it's filled with color when it's inactive instead

or maybe something in my config got messed up. i installed an older version and it works as expected