Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Casting playlist to DLNA audio device problems (UPnP) (Read 1795 times) previous topic - next topic

Casting playlist to DLNA audio device problems (UPnP)

I'm a long time foobar user, but having some trouble getting it to work with some new audio equipment.

I have a Dynaudio connect hub, which is a DLNA renderer, connected to home speakers. I want to send flac file audio to the hub over wireless from my PC using Foobar. I managed to get this to work with the UPnP plugin for foobar. (audio is playing)

But, foobar doesn't continue the playlist, it always stops after one song, and wont contionue playing beyond one track. I copied the files into a new tab/playlist "UPnP controller playback queue", but in the playback controller window it only ever shows one track, and stops after playing that track. Maybe I don't understand the relationship between that playlist and the controller window or something.

Is this user error, or is there something not working right? (settings?)

I checked with Windows media player, and I can use the 'cast to' feature there, and it will cast a whole playlist and enable me to skip tracks, continue playing the playlist, pause, re start, etc. So makes me think something is wrong with me or foobar.

Re: Casting playlist to DLNA audio device problems (UPnP)

Reply #1
In the preferences go to 'UPnP > Controller' and try disabling "Enable gapless control if renderer supports it (disable if it mess up track advance)"
The comment between brackets might be applicable for you. This option causes the same behaviour when DLNA streaming to my Onkyo receiver.