Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advice and Help regarding modifying existing skin (Read 950 times) previous topic - next topic

Advice and Help regarding modifying existing skin

Hello all,

Just looking for some pointers and advice in regards to achieving some custom features on an already modified skin.

I'm using Osaka underground and my skin looks something like this:

But I'm looking to try and achieve something resembling this:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is my portable directory for anyone who could possibly mod this for me:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n5blu6guv3kqy2o/foobar2000.zip

Thanks in advanced.
Joe.

Re: Advice and Help regarding modifying existing skin

Reply #1
What better way to ask help than to violate Hyrdogenaudio TOS (#6). You have your thread here no need to post it again in the columns ui thread,  It only serves to annoy people.

That being said, it is best you familiarize yourself with how panel stack splitter works and how to ad/remove panels. What you want isn't that difficult to achieve. Look at the panel stack structure and how the panels and panel stacks are layered on top of each other (display-colums ui-layout). Change the dimensions of a panel within the stack with $movepanel_c(panel-name,x,y,w,h) and force the layout. Your waveform seekbar is probably the easiest, you only need to replace that panel, which if I'm not mistaken is a jscript panel. Remove the jscript panel, insert a waveform seekbar panel in the correct stack and give it the same name as that jscript panel and force layout.

Reply #2
Ok thanks Jazzthieve,

Apologies for violating the rules, I have managed to modify the skin somewhat however it was mostly through trial and error. There seems to be little in the way of tutorials that are easily digestible, I seem to be able to import these features, it is just that the new window seems to take up the whole screen or over-rides other features / buttons. I'll give your tips a go and see how it turns out.

Appreciate the help.

Reply #3
This guide on deviantart is helpful.
Part1
Part2
Part3

If you understand the basics of this guide you'll be able to do what you want and more.