Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar on Mac? (Read 6324 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar on Mac?

Hi, so I was wondering if foobar was or will ever be supported for mac as I am a mac OSX user hoping that foobar will be added to integrate with a mac. Thanks for any answers that are to come and have a great day.

Foobar on Mac?

Reply #1
Hi, so I was wondering if foobar was or will ever be supported for mac as I am a mac OSX user hoping that foobar will be added to integrate with a mac. Thanks for any answers that are to come and have a great day.

No need to fixate on Foobar. There are plenty of good audio programs for Mac. Try Decibel or Audirvana if you have money to burn you can go for Amarra which works with iTunes filing system.

Foobar on Mac?

Reply #2

No need to fixate on Foobar. There are plenty of good audio programs for Mac. Try Decibel or Audirvana if you have money to burn you can go for Amarra which works with iTunes filing system.

Sorry I forgot to mention JRiver Media Center.

Foobar on Mac?

Reply #3
Also Swinsian.

Foobar on Mac?

Reply #4
It has been requested so many times...

And I'm still waiting any positive answer 

Foobar on Mac?

Reply #5
Last September, I took this photo:

Nobody noticed anything out of place, and so I decided to take this photo today:

Not much has changed between the two, actually. I just like taking photos of my desktop.

Foobar on Mac?

Reply #6
I dimly recall Peter or spoon or Kode54 posting somewhere (maybe in the fb2k mobile forum?) that a Mac port is likely at some point. Basically, once the fb2k codebase is suitable for Windows, iOS, and Android, it shouldn't be too hard to develop Mac and Linux versions (in any case, it will be much easier than starting off from the old, Windows-only version).

Foobar on Mac?

Reply #7
Hint: A shambling skeleton of a player calling itself foobar2000 is in the above screen photos, on the leftmost screen. It was developed in the process building up to porting the player to iOS. Usability wise, it is pretty much like the very first public releases of foobar2000. Core-wise, it's the same partial overhaul that's gone into the iOS version, and will go into Android and Windows Phone. Priority is on getting the mobile versions off the ground, so I'd wait until those are the spectacular groundbreaking products we'd like them to be, before expecting Mac or Linux versions to really take off. Or for a v2.0 to appear for Windows, for that matter.

Foobar on Mac?

Reply #8
What kode54 said.

foobar2000 for mac exists as what I call 'submarineware'.

It's nowhere as usable as it should be, the iOS port is light years ahead of it usability wise. As soon as we have something suitable for general use, you can be sure we'll let you guys know and try it. But for now the other ports (iOS, Android, Win Phone) take priority.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Foobar on Mac?

Reply #10
Thanks for the article, it was an interesting read.

Re: Foobar on Mac?

Reply #11
It's nowhere as usable as it should be, the iOS port is light years ahead of it usability wise. As soon as we have something suitable for general use, you can be sure we'll let you guys know and try it. But for now the other ports (iOS, Android, Win Phone) take priority.

I know this is ancient but... I really do enjoy using foobar2k on ipad and was wondering if there was any progress with macOS :)

Reply #12
Deadbeef could  be an alternative. The author has moved from Linux to Mac some time ago and now is mostly working on the cocoa build. The caveat is that there are no binaries at the moment, so you'd have to build them yourself. (which is advisable anyway, since you will see the progress much faster that way)

Reply #14
Ah, so I guess the wiki info is not up-to-date anymore. Well, better that way.