Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: V. 1.2.3 - Pops and clicks liestening some MP3 files (Read 5857 times) previous topic - next topic

V. 1.2.3 - Pops and clicks liestening some MP3 files

Hi all,

I updated my FB200 at latest stable vrsion (V. 1.2.3) and use it in WASAPI (updated to the latest version) mode in a W/ 64bit PC.
My "adudio card" is an external USB 3.0 Musiland Monitor 03US; it works correctly, tested with DPC Checker.
With some (not all) MP3 files, I can sometimes hear posp and clicks; I didn't have this issue in the previous versions.

Here is attached one of them.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Egidio

P.S.: If I listen this file with another player (i.e. WMP) I don't have these pops and clicks ...

Reply #1
I've been noticing these intermittent pops and clicks in the last upgrade or two as well, it was never an issue before.. if i play back that section again there are no distortions. I've noticed it happening on both flac and mp3s. Im running windows 7 x86, foobar v1.2.5 with a saffire pro 24 audio interface via direct sound @ 44.1khz/16bits.

Reply #2
Had the same problem.
It may happen because of some issues with sample  rate convertion in your audio-interface with multiple software audio sources of different sample rate which confuses output sample rate switcher automata.
Try this 1: enforce fixed interface output to 44.1khz (and you may hear clicks when watching something from youtube or soundclod)
Try this 2: enforce fixed interface output to 48khz and in foobar2k playback DSP enable Resampler->48k

Reply #3
Thanks for the input but i don't think it's an issue with sample rate, the problem is unique to foobar, it doesn't affect anything else that streams audio. My interface/mixer is always set to 44.1khz. Pretty much all of my music is in 44.1k and im not using any resamplers (or anything else for that matter) in foobars dsp.

Reply #4
Hey guys, 1.2.6 update is out at http://www.foobar2000.org/
if it still persists after updating
the only thing I can think of that may cause this is latency settings of your interface,
for example like latency in asio, setting the latency to 4ms or less also gives pops and clicks at times in my interface.
So you may check that, generally recommended is (5-20ms), but you may have to check your interface manual for optimised settings.
high sample rates (88k-192k) can also cause this, but this seem not the case as you mentioned normal sample rates.
best of luck resolving this

grtz, V

Reply #5
Are you using VST plugins by any chance? If you are, you could try picking a larger 'declicker size'. Also DPC checker is not that informative, try LatencyMon as well (http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon).