Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist scroll problem when using page up/down keys and grouping (Read 1315 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist scroll problem when using page up/down keys and grouping

Hi all

foobar2000 v1.1.11 with default UI, Windows 7 64, no "bad" components according to the online troobleshooter.

Short description: when grouping is enabled and you scroll your playlist contents using page up or page down keys, the number of lines scrolled are not calculated properly because the additional lines introduced by the grouping are not taken into account when scrolling.

Detailed description: let's say that with your current window size you can see 10 playlist entries, then if you hit page up or page down keys, the list will scroll 10 entries up or down. If you have grouping enabled, your playlist will have additional lines due to grouping (e.g. the artist name when grouping "By artist") but the list will still scroll 10 songs when you hit page up or page down, it should scroll 10 screen lines, not 10 songs.

Hope I explained it correctly, but I can include screenshots if needed.

Thanks!

Raúl

Reply #1
I have the same problem, and posted a thread quite a while ago that I can't find anymore after 45 seconds of searching, but the reception was slightly less than enthusiastic.

Fact remains, it's difficult to pagedown through a large playlist when it arbitrarily skips items based on how dense the grouping is of a given portion of playlist. I've taken to middle-dragging and/or holding down the down-arrow key, but a properly working pageup/down would be nice.

Reply #2
Hi dhromed

Thanks for confirming, I was thinking that only my wife and me had the problem.

I couldn't find your thread, either, I searched the forum and Google for a couple of hours trying to find similar reports to no avail.

Reply #3
I was thinking that only my wife and me had the problem.

It's by design. Foobar uses the selected item as a reference point, instead of what's in the playlist's viewport.

Reply #4
Thanks for the explanation