Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Please help me merge tracks into image file (Read 5866 times) previous topic - next topic

Please help me merge tracks into image file

Hello, gents.
I have a CD ripped with EAC as tracks+*.cue. Here are EAC settings:
Code: [Select]
EAC extraction logfile from 11. April 2008, 18:54 for CD
Megadeth / Sweating Bullets (Disc 1)

Used drive  : HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-4120B   Adapter: 1  ID: 0
Read mode   : Secure with NO C2, accurate stream, disable cache
Read offset correction : 0
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out : No

Used output format : C:\Program Files\FLAC\flac.exe   (User Defined Encoder)
                     320 kBit/s
                     Additional command line options : -T "Artist=%a" -T "Title=%t" -T "Album=%g" -T "Date=%y" -T "Tracknumber=%n" -T "Genre=%m" -8 %s

Other options      :
    Fill up missing offset samples with silence : No
    Delete leading and trailing silent blocks : No
    Installed external ASPI interface
(...)

This tracks are provided with cue file. When I check this with TripleFLAC I get this results:

But when I try to merge tracks into image file using CueTools (applying offset 667, that's this drive's offset) and check it with AccurateRip, I get
D:\What.CD\Megadeth - Sweating Bullets\Disc 1\New\New\Range.wav

Checking AccurateRip database

Track ->> Ripping Status ->>  ->> [Disc ID: 0002d90f-3403d904]

1 ->> Track not present in database.    [363c8ada]
2 ->> Track not present in database.    [9b5c7f5d]
3 ->> Track not present in database.    [b8f4626a]
4 ->> Track not present in database.    [4c643d76]

Disc not present in AccurateRip database.

Could you please tell me, what am I doing wrong?

Reply #1
Disc not present in AccurateRip database

That simple. Nobody ripped it before and sent "ripping data". Not strange being that CD a "rare"  single CD by Megadeth.

Reply #2
No way  I have this a perfect rip of this CD, which results:
CDImage.cue:
Checking AccurateRip database
Track Ripping Status [Disc ID: 0002d9af-3403da04]
1 Accurately Ripped (confidence 2) [363c8ada]
2 Accurately Ripped (confidence 3) [9b5c7f5d]
3 Accurately Ripped (confidence 2) [b8f4626a]
4 Accurately Ripped (confidence 3) [4c643d76]

Besides, you can see positive results on TripleFLAC screenshot.

You may ask "Why do you ask if you already have a perfect rip?", but this is a 2CD single, I have both perfect and "not present" rips for CD1 and only "not present" rip for CD2, so I want to merge both CDs into image files (as I have all my huge music collection as image rips)

Reply #3
Actually the screen shot you provided doesn't indicate positive results since the local CRC column is blank, but it does indicate the disc is present in the database and can be checked.

Why not just re-rip the disc?

Reply #4
My guess would be that the there is a non-zero INDEX01 for track 1.  I've corrected a few discs while joining files where the AR results match but no disc is found.  Adding the appropriate number of frames of silence to the beginning of the disc and offsetting the cue indicies by the same amount means that the same data is checked by AR, but the ID is calculated slightly differently and should now be found correctly.

What does the CD TOC look like?

Reply #5
Why not just re-rip the disc?
Because I do now have this CD, only rip.
And I have replaced the screenshot, now it shows check results.

My guess would be that the there is a non-zero INDEX01 for track 1.  I've corrected a few discs while joining files where the AR results match but no disc is found.  Adding the appropriate number of frames of silence to the beginning of the disc and offsetting the cue indicies by the same amount means that the same data is checked by AR, but the ID is calculated slightly differently and should now be found correctly.

What does the CD TOC look like?
Yes, first track has pre-gap, according to logfile:
Track  1
   Filename C:\Documents and Settings\Gab\Mes documents\Upload\Megadeth - Sweating Bullets\Disc 1\01 - Sweating Bullets (Anxiety Edit).wav

Pre-gap length  0:00:02.42

Peak level 100.0 %
   Track quality 100.0 %
   Copy CRC F21A7A31
   Copy OK

But unfortunately there are no TOC information available from logfile (and I actually have no idea where else it can be found).

It looks like that there are two similar pressings and TripleFLAC checks both, first is wrong, but second check gives result. I have marked it in my screenshot from the fisrt post with a red frame. Looks like AccurateRip (ARCue) checks only first and returns 404 error.
Besides, drive had Fill up missing offset samples with silence : No setting, which can influence the checking results. But I dunno how to deal with it.

Reply #6
It looks like that there are two similar pressings and TripleFLAC checks both, first is wrong, but second check gives result. I have marked it in my screenshot from the fisrt post with a red frame. Looks like AccurateRip (ARCue) checks only first and returns 404 error.
This is normal when log information is in decimal rather than frames.

Besides, drive had Fill up missing offset samples with silence : No setting, which can influence the checking results. But I dunno how to deal with it.
Looks to me like you don't have to.

Because I do now have this CD, only rip.
If you don't have the legal right to own this disc please take your question to another forum.

EDIT: There are situations where people do have the right to a digital copy and it appears that this is such a case.  Topic re-opened.

@Freux:
Edit the CUE sheet to put the line "PREGAP 00:00:32" just prior to the "INDEX 01 00:00:00" line for the first track and you should be fine.  Versions of EAC prior to 0.95b1 do not add this line when creating CUE sheets with gaps.

Reply #7
Yes, it works! Thanks a lot, but how did you decide that Pregap length should be 32 frames?