Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible bug in automatic media library scan (Read 2184 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible bug in automatic media library scan

I had 6 albums selected for a file_operation (move and rename in 1 go). It was all the same artist (Amethystium).

I checked move entire source folder content and delete empty folders and pressed run. It errored, perhaps because two of the albums had the songs in one folder, so foobar decided to move them along twice (i missed that in preview). After I closed the dialog, it was impossible to get those two albums shown up. I did file_operations again (this time without move content checked), so it corrected. That didn't work, it renamed ok, it moved ok, but it didn't show up in my library. Kinda strange, since foobar the old way should have known after the operation it was there, but now, the new way, it should have known it was there automatic. I dropped the folders a few times in foobar (really drop, en through explorer's context menu), but didn't matter. It needed a restart, then everything was fine.

So it's not a biggie, but a bug it is I think.

(my setup: winxp home, sp3, athlon xp2000, foobar default ui and library on a NAS like \\nas\music)

Reply #1
Thanks for the report, the problem is being looked into; the next beta update will include a potential fix.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
My problem seems related to yours. I need a restart to have my library (which on a NAS also) updated
Here's a link to my problem described a bit better.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....&pid=594736

Also the shared folder which contains my library on my NAS is mapped to a virtual drive.
So in Media library preferences, the path is Z:\
It has maybe no importance but i thought i should mention it, just in case