Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DTS 5.1 audio playback via S/PDF (optical) output. (Read 1189 times) previous topic - next topic

DTS 5.1 audio playback via S/PDF (optical) output.

I hope somebody can help me with the following issue:

I have installed foobar v1.3.16 and added foo_spdifer_1.0 component in order to play DTS 5.1 audio via S/PDF (optical) output.
I also added WASAPI.fb2k output component but only stereo audio appeared on my external Samsung player.
Can somebody tell me what should I do in order to setup the correct 5.1 output?

(VLC player can send the 5.1 signal via optical output, but I would like to use foobar instead)

Re: DTS 5.1 audio playback via S/PDF (optical) output.

Reply #1
Is there anybody, who can help me?

Reply #2
The component already documents that you can't have installed decoders for the formats you want to play. Or alternatively you need to rename the files to have .spdif extension for the component to take over. If it relies on using the existing outputs make sure ReplayGain isn't altering your volume levels, no DSPs are enabled and keep foobar2000 volume is at maximum.

Reply #3
Unfortunately the problem is still exist. I have added DTS component as well, and after that Foobar was able to see the dts chanel in the given MKA file, but the output is still stereo. When I remove the DTS component Foobar only can see the FLAC chanel within the MKA file. :(
I really do not know what should I do. :(

Reply #4
Demux DTS stream into a separate file.

Reply #5
I completely removed the program and reinstalled it. Now it can recognise DTS format within the MKA file, but still stereo audio appeared on my Samsung player. Maybe a component is missing from Foobar that I need to install... Is there anybody who can send 5.1 signal to his/her Home Theater System successfully?