Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Recording Output of Foobar to wav/mp3 (Read 5465 times) previous topic - next topic

Recording Output of Foobar to wav/mp3

Greetings Gurus,
On windows 7, I want to record what's playing in foobar (including active vst plugin, exactly what I hear).
Is there a plugin to accomplish this?
I'm using Yhong's VST WRAPPER

Re: Recording Output of Foobar to wav/mp3

Reply #2
Greetings Gurus,
On windows 7, I want to record what's playing in foobar (including active vst plugin, exactly what I hear).

I'm pretty sure you can just convert to WAV (or MP3), using the standard converter.  Just select the DSP you want to use ("Yhong's VST WRAPPER," in this case) as the active DSP under the "Processing" settings.

Reply #3
Greetings Gurus,

I'm pretty sure you can just convert to WAV (or MP3), using the standard converter.  Just select the DSP you want to use ("Yhong's VST WRAPPER," in this case) as the active DSP under the "Processing" settings.
Is it possible to convert in realtime when listening to streams that are not available to be played from a local file?

Reply #4
There may be a more direct solution.  Could you give an example of a web-site with a stream you wish to capture?

If you simply want to record what you hear, Audacity can do that.  Then you can save it in any format that Audacity supports.

I've always preferred capturing the stream in native format and avoiding conversions.  Most audio streams are in MP3 or AAC, but easy enough to transcode if necessary.

Reply #5
StreamRipper is also still an option for Shoutcast and Icecast streams, and supports a proxy mode where it logs and presents a port for you to connect a player to for listening purposes.

Reply #6
StreamRipper is also still an option for Shoutcast and Icecast streams, and supports a proxy mode where it logs and presents a port for you to connect a player to for listening purposes.

Using Streamripper's relay port option there is a bug, when playing the url with foobar2000
It causes streamrippers cpu  usage to peak.
eg.

streamripper.exe http://stream-uk1.radioparadise.com:80/aac-64 -r localhost:9000

With foobar2000 play http://localhost:9000

Streamrippers cpu usage peaks.

If you play http://localhost:9000 with another player , it doesn't occur.

Reply #7
To correct my previous post, the cpu peak occurs only if foo_uie_lyrics3.dll is installed and when dynamic_info_track is called. :o

Reply #8
Greetings Gurus,

Hmm... one well working solution could be using VB-Audio Voicemeeter Bananas recorder feature (though, this would lead you to using VAC system).