Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Alternative for Biography View? (Read 3091 times) previous topic - next topic

Alternative for Biography View?

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie when it comes to components. But I recognized that "Biography View 0.4.2.4" doesn't load any images and bios from last.fm any longer. I think this one of the "must-have-plugins" for foobar and should stay alive.
Is there any option to still get images and bios from the artists, most desirable from last.fm, would be great?

Thank you guys. ;)

Re: Alternative for Biography View?

Reply #1
Try marc2000's jcript Last.fm Bio and Thumbs script for artist images.

Reply #3
Try marc2000's jcript Last.fm Bio and Thumbs script for artist images.

Any alternative of this?  it is currently no longer working for me.  Anybody have a new script?

Reply #4
I just checked it and it seems to be working fine.

Reply #5
Since it scrapes the Last.fm website, it will continue to work until Last.fm change the underlying html. I've not had to change anything since I stopped sharing the script so it should work for anyone who has a copy.

Reply #6
fuck... must be on my end then.  I dunno what could have happened. 

Edit:  Deleted WSH files and its working fine. 

Reply #7
There has been a new script posted since this thread was started. Wilb has written a new script for JScript Panel. Looks like it does last.fm / allmusic / images all within the same panel.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,112914.0.html

Reply #8
Nice! Will check this out!