Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_shizzle (Read 26905 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_shizzle

Reply #100
I believe there is an option for that

oh yes..    sorry

foo_shizzle

Reply #101
Hey just got an idea. Could you make it so, that when searching for filename, it shows the filename, not the results display formatting? It'd be so cool if it was possible and you could make this happen.

I'll consider it.  Don't expect it any time really soon, though.    I really should change the name of that option, too.  The "filename" search is actually searching the entire path, not just the name of the specific file.

Mine's actually setup to display the path.

foo_shizzle

Reply #102
Could you make it possible to use colors? like in the playlist.

foo_shizzle

Reply #103
I honestly haven't a clue how to do that.  At some point in the future, I might do that, but honestly, it's not a huge priority right now.  :\  I've got some other things I'd like to work out first. (e.g. Larger text sizes on Windows 2000 mess the buttons up.)

I think to add colors, it would require implementing an owner-drawn listbox, and I've got no clue how much effort it would be to code something like that.

foo_shizzle

Reply #105
A request again (who would have guessed?)
Could you make a "remove from database" button similiar to the one album list has?

foo_shizzle

Reply #106
The problem is how many buttons do we want.  :\  It's already crowded.

There won't actually be any updates for a little while.  I'm doing some major code restructuring, so there won't be any new features (or releases) for at least a few days.

foo_shizzle

Reply #107
What about making it to a right-click menu in your plugin?

foo_shizzle

Reply #108
Yesj, I realized what you wanted after I posted that.    I might see about adding a right-click menu later.  I want to finish the code work I'm doing first, though.

foo_shizzle

Reply #109
0.6.0.006 released.  Lots of little changes that you can see and use.  Lots of big changes behind the scenes that make it easer to update the plugin.

http://gelaed.com/resources/cplusplus/foo_shizzle.zip

Code: [Select]
[0.6.0.006]
Changed:
 Major changes "under the hood"
Changed:
 New layout for the config window.
Fixed:    No more annoying "please close search/config window" popups
Added:    results list font is now selectable
Added:    Search Window context menu
Added:    "Remove from database" to context menu
Added:    "Activate search window" button
Changed:
 Preferences are now saved as soon as they are changed, rather than when
 the config window is destroyed.  To apply the new settings to the search
 window, click the refresh button, or close and re-open the window.
Added:    search window now has a refresh button
Fixed:    slightly less flicker on resizing
Changed:
 Resized search window buttons.
Added:    Text in quotation marks (in both the "search in" and the "search for"
 fields) is now considered to be a single token.  Now it's possible to
 search in "recording engineer" for "Ibbetson, Adrian", as opposed to
 searching "recording" and "engineer" for "Ibbetson," and/or "Adrian".
Added:    Remember window placement option.
Added:    "Display results as paths when searching in paths" option
Fixed:    Searching for "file://" in paths no longer returns all database entries
Fixed:    Minor tabbing glitch in search window
Changed:
 Context menu has more friendly behavior now.

foo_shizzle

Reply #110
COOL!

foo_shizzle

Reply #111
Let me know how you like it. 

(And of course any suggestions.)

Simple color choices might be in the next version.

P.S.  Would you guys want the font to apply to the "search in"/"search for" fields as well?

foo_shizzle

Reply #112
Hey, Snoop Dogg already used "shizzle" in his Shizzolator.

foo_shizzle

Reply #113
Indeed.  The plugin name was chosen to make a reference to the "slang" phrase "fo' shizzle".  Because I am that lame. 

foo_shizzle

Reply #114
It'd be a good thing to have all fonts used configurable. It makes it possible to fit the plugin yet a bit better to your Windows settings. But this is only a cosmetic thing, not very high priority  But as the plugin seems to be quite finishend (meaning that it works really well), it might be the time to do this cosmetic improvement soon. The same thing is with the color choices.
This plugin is looking very good right now, the searching works great, you've made options/improvements that really work!

foo_shizzle

Reply #115
If I uncheck the "auto-update" box, then type in something and press enter, it doesn't return any result.
After that if I recheck the "auto-update" box, I don't get any result, no matter what I do. I have to restart foobar and it works fine again. Doesn't bother me since I always use the auto-update feature, but that makes the option rather useless ;-)
(still using win2k SP3)

it's now working perfectly, good job !

and the context menu is grrrrrreat ! It would be perfect if you could add "open directory" in the menu, because I often use foo_shizzle instead of the windows search engine to find my MP3s  :-)
There's another feature I'd like to see in the playlist and in foo_shizzle : tooltips, either configurable with a string, or displaying the tags and file location.

and finally, I think you could change the default display string for foo_shizzle, because it doesn't work if there is no tag (untagged MP3 or other filetypes like .mod, .it, .tfmx etc.). Mine is $if(%artist%,%artist%,'Unknown Artist') $if(%album%,- %album%,) :  $if(%title%,%title%,%_filename%), which is very similar to the default string for the playlist I guess.

that's it, keep up the good work 

foo_shizzle

Reply #116
Anza, I'll see about adding font coverage to the other elements.  It's not a feature I ever plan to use myself, but I thought that some people might like to have it.  Color choices is a bit of a problem.  I hope to add that eventually, but it might be a little while, because there is (as far as I know) no WM_SETCOLOR or equivalent.  I believe it'd require implementing an owner-drawn list box. (i.e. drawn by my plugin)  I might try to do that eventually though.  I just don't know when.

BlueScreenJunky, Open directory will be in the next version.  Don't worry. 

I'd like to add an edit tag option, but I haven't a clue how to do that (I'm not going to do parsing of tags myself, because that would be a waste of time since foobar already has features for that).  Feel free to let me know if you know how to add that using the SDK, or if you know of an example (with source) which uses the SDK to do tag editing.

Tooltips are a good idea.  I've never used tooltips before, though, so I'll have to find out how first.

I probably should change the default search string.  I have mine set to %_path%, and I've never really worried about it much because it is customizable.  I'll try to remember to set the default to something more useful that "%artist% - %album% - %title%" before the next release, though.  If nothing else, it needs a better search string that that one for sorting.

I'm glad you all seem to like it. 

foo_shizzle

Reply #117
Well I myself don't think the font coverage is a must have, but I think some people might like it. I propably would use it, but I'm perfectly fine without it also. What comes to the color choices, I really don't see them that important. If you some day add them, fine, but I don't need them. Again, I'd propably use that too, as I just happen to like to configure everything
I think something like this: "more configurability = more user friendly program / more better usability"  So every thing you add, that adds configurability, is a good thing IMO. Maybe this is also the reason I've changed from Winamp to foobar, who knows? 

EDIT: I think I found a "bug". Actually it's just a thing that you should fix, not a bug. But it's like this: When you have "display empty result list..." disabled it should show all the files that are in the database when you open up the window, right? Well, it does this *only* when you have "auto-update search results" enabled. If you have it disabled (as I do), it shows empty list when opening the window. Maybe you should fix this?

foo_shizzle

Reply #118
Well, the font thing is the first thing I've added to the plugin that I actually didn't care about.  Every other option has been something that I personally wanted, even if it wasn't originally my idea.  If I add more font choices (i.e. select label font and results list font and search fields fonts separately), it's just going to be for other people.  I'll never use them.  (Consequently, I'll probably push them into a sub-menu, so that people like me who just don't care about them don't have to worry about them.)  Colors are the same way.  I really don't care about them, but I've gotten a few requests for them, so I'll probably add them eventually.

foo_shizzle

Reply #119

[0.6.0.007]
Added:    "Delete selected files" and    "Recycle selected files" to context menu
Fixed:    Now stops currently playing if currently playing is one of the files
 selected for deletion.
Fixed:    Worked around some bizarre behavior involving files in the playlist
 being removed from the database.  After deleting or recycling files,
 a command is sent to foobar to remove dead playlist entries.
Added:    "Go to folder" option in context menu
Fixed:    Right-click in list will now set the "caret" where the mouse button was
 clicked.  (useful for "go to folder")
Changed:
 Default search string is now far more useful
Fixed:    Font bug.

foo_shizzle

Reply #120
0.6.b11.001 available, for all your database searching needs. 

[0.6.b11.001]
Fixed:    Works with b11.  (Quite a few SDK changes, so quite a few internal
 changes here, too.)
Fixed:    Possible bug in delete/recycle commands.
Fixed:    "Standard Search" bug.  Should be both faster starting and more
 accurate
Fixed:    No longer crashes when NULL pointers are returned by the database
Fixed:    Removed a small quirk with fonts when plugin loaded the first time

foo_shizzle

Reply #123
Ok it doesn't work with Win98 and v0.6 beta12.

foo_shizzle

Reply #124
It never worked with 98.  :\

And it works fine for me with b12.

Are you having oroblems on an NT-based machine as well, or just 98?