Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2051998 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #3025
I've updated discogs (v0.21) and Mordred's fanarttv (0.7), they should work again now. @jod773 the problem with fanarttv wasn't just the removal of search (although that was the correct first step), it was also that Musicbrainz was forbidding access without providing a meaningful identifying useragent.

Reply #3026
it was also that Musicbrainz was forbidding access without providing a meaningful identifying useragent.
Hey! Thanks for clearing that up :) I really thought I did everything but I couldn't think of a way to test the script and see where the error happens.

Thank you for the fix!

Reply #3027
Thanks, Alex!

Reply #3028
Hey Alex, I just discovered today that discogs actually stores images greater than 600x600. For example, this is what discogs returns:
https://img.discogs.com/cTvdhiSkSuFI2Xq_oMJjzwTFLp4=/fit-in/600x609/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-629210-1495380053-6160.jpeg.jpg

And this is the full size image:
https://www.discogs.com/image/R-629210-1495380053-6160.jpeg

You'll notice all you need to do from the original image string is:
Code: [Select]
for image in images:
fullImageMatch = Regex("discogs-images/(?<filename>.*jpeg).jpg", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Match(image.full)
if fullImageMatch.Success:
imageName = "https://discogs.com/image/" + fullImageMatch.Groups["filename"].Value

However, when I updated discogs.boo to actually implement this, when attempting to retrieve the fullsize image, everything it returns is max 300x300. I can't figure out what's actually going wrong here and was hoping maybe you had some ideas. Being able to get images larger than 600x600 from discogs would be huge.

Reply #3029
Try https://www.discogs.com instead of just https://discogs.com

I've attached a quick test which works for me, but discogs does server-side analytics of useragent and headers and stuff, and if they think you aren't a browser, will serve you the small image size.

Reply #3030
Try https://www.discogs.com instead of just https://discogs.com

I've attached a quick test which works for me, but discogs does server-side analytics of useragent and headers and stuff, and if they think you aren't a browser, will serve you the small image size.
That worked! I had tried changing the UA to resemble a browser and no dice, but hadn't thought about adding www.

BTW, some images are actually smaller than the 600x600 default that discogs serves, them so if you plan to add this to the official version, a better check might be:
if (fullImageMatch.Success and (image.width >= 599 or image.height >= 599)):

Reply #3031
BTW, some images are actually smaller than the 600x600 default that discogs serves, them so if you plan to add this to the official version, a better check might be:
if (fullImageMatch.Success and (image.width >= 599 or image.height >= 599)):
Hmm, I'm wondering if that might be because the originals are smaller than 600x600, and they just get resized to serve at 600x600? If that's the case, I'd rather have the original at whatever size it is.

Reply #3032
Hmm, I'm wondering if that might be because the originals are smaller than 600x600, and they just get resized to serve at 600x600? If that's the case, I'd rather have the original at whatever size it is.
That's exactly what it is, and you have a fair point. It's a decent resizing algo they're using (as in, I've never noticed that something was OBVIOUSLY upscaled) but certainly photoshop could do a better job.

Reply #3033
Okay, so I did a little more playing around. If you use curl's UA, discogs starts to return 300x300 max size images. With a browser UA they don't appear to ever stop sending fullsize if they exist. I also realized that if the image is less than 600 in width, it's never scaled up to 600. So I added the width/height >600 check back in. No since hitting a non-public end point if it's going to return the same image as before.

Try this out and let me know if you encounter any issues.

Reply #3034
Thanks for that. I've just changed the UA to match the one used for downloading the full sized images (from util.boo GetPageStream with useFirefoxHeaders) - probably best if all the requests have the same UA.

I've uploaded this now as v0.22, if anyone notices any issues then please do report them as usual.

Reply #3035
11 MAR 21

Win 7 x64,  just did the March updates as offered by WU [w7x64 rollup and .net 4.8 update]

Now Album Art DL does not diaplay any art, the "frames" are just grey.  If I click the disk icon to save the file it saves fine and can be displayed in irfanview fine, so the files are fine, AA-DL is having issues displaying them on screen.

I assumed it was the .net updates.  did a complete uninstall of  dotNet and then a clean reinstall of 4.8 - same issue.

then took WU offered update [again] and still same issue.  WU says I am up to date.

So maybe just the W7 update did it, not dotNet?  not sure, and didn't roll back [no restore pt - dumb]

Anyway, thought I'd put this out there, anyome else see this issue today???

Thanks...

Reply #3036
11 MAR 21   

Part 2:    I did figure out how to uninstall  the March W7 Rollup, KB5000841, and it backed my system to around JAN 2021  time frame.  [it was fully up to date thru Feb].

AA-DL  is now working just fine again  -- it is the W7 Rollup and NOT dotNet update. 

SO BE  FORE-WARNED!!!    W7 update for March is not ready for public consumption!!!    Never be a pioneer !

Reply #3037
11 MAR 21

now Part 3...

applied the Feb W7 Rollup, my system is now back to where it was prior to  this morning, with the addition of March dotNet 4.8 update,  and AA-DL is working just fine.  Confirmation that W7x64 March 2021 Rollup was the culprit.

Thanks for listening.... 

I hope someone learns from this experience, I know I did - never install updates without waiting several weeks !!

-=Paul=-

Reply #3038
javacat:  you might try changing the DPI settings in the Properties/Compatibility/Change High DPI Settings tab of AlbumArt.exe to "Scaling performed by System" and see if that fixes your problem.

Reply #3039
Thanks, but on my W7 setup the compatability tab doesn't have that BUTTON,  just the older check box to "disable display scaling on high dpi settings".   And as I've reverted things I can't test that now.  I will not be trying the March Rollup again for many weeks and hope it will eventually be resolved. 

Reply #3040
Nope, sorry. That feature requires Windows 10.

Reply #3042
Help?
You probably don't have permission to write to that directory because your user account isn't the "owner".

Reply #3043
Thanks for that. I've just changed the UA to match the one used for downloading the full sized images (from util.boo GetPageStream with useFirefoxHeaders) - probably best if all the requests have the same UA.

I've uploaded this now as v0.22, if anyone notices any issues then please do report them as usual.
Apparently 5 days ago discogs pulled the plug on the ability to get high-res artwork through this method (wondering if it was due to increased bandwidth from this script? Timing seems suspect). It seems unlikely to come back in the near future so probably need to roll back the source to what it was for 0.21.

Reply #3044
That's a shame. I've put 0.21 back again, thanks for the heads-up

Reply #3045
Alex,
  I posted 10 days ago about an issue with the Win 7x64 March 2021 Rollup causing a problem with AADL displaying images.  Only grey boxes were displayed in their place.  

Out of curiosity, has anyone else reported this issue to you?  I've looked around the web and I seem to be alone in having this problem, which is weird.  uninstalling the rollup definately brought image display back, I'm confident it was something in the rollup that the dotNet framework was built upon, my guess is ieframe.dll dated 12feb21, or another dll with that date.

[FWIW I did an uninstall of the rollup itself, not a restore point recover, so I think it was the rollup and not something else].

Thanks...  -=PAUL=-

Reply #3046
No, no one else has reported the issue. It's quite possible you are the only person using AAD on Windows 7, though! To be honest I didn't think they were still putting out updates for that.

As Windows 7 is EOL, support for it can best be described as "probably works". If anyone else reports grey boxes on Win7, though, I shall direct them to your post and advise uninstalling the rollup.

Reply #3048
Good, good. You volunteer to test and develop on Windows 7, then.