Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LABEL / PUBLISHER (Read 1080 times) previous topic - next topic

LABEL / PUBLISHER

Hi there.

I am organizing a vast audio file library using foobar2000 and am confused about which tag to keep to specify the "stamp" of discs eg: Vertigo, Warner Bros. Recording, Castle Communications, etc...

I've already researched it from several sources, but I'm still confused. What is the difference between "Publisher" and "Label"? And which one should I keep to label the above information?

Thanks in advance.

Re: LABEL / PUBLISHER

Reply #2
@jaybeee

Thank you very much! I go with "Label".

But I can't understand the usefulness of "PUBLISHER" or even "CATALOG".

Reply #3
LABEL is free from translation imposed by various players. The field will always read "Label" irrespective of the format and not "Organisation", "Publisher" or "Tpub", which simplifies scripting. Catalog is for a number (either human readable or barcode), not the name.

Reply #4
@j7n

Very clear, thanks!