Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WASAPI Output - Odd behaviour with 4.0 FLAC (Read 1289 times) previous topic - next topic

WASAPI Output - Odd behaviour with 4.0 FLAC

I'm trying to use some 4.0 Flac files I made. The test file is 4.0 24/96, in each of the cases below I am only changing the WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK header in the Flac file, Foobar with the WASAPI plugin is the only player I have found so far that seems to support this header properly. Kodi and JRiver seem to have no support at all so kudos for supporting it.

Results:
FL+FR+C+LFE - Works properly and detected as 3.1 by receiver
FL+FR+SBL+SBR - Receiver detects 4.0 but only plays stereo; I think this is because the receiver does not support this format
FL+FR+SL+SR - This is output as 5.1 causing silent channels when upmixing. The receiver does support this layout.

I'm confused by the FL+FR+SL+SR result, can anyone confirm if their setup does the same? (Can provide a file sample if you message me)

Re: WASAPI Output - Odd behaviour with 4.0 FLAC

Reply #1
@Peter I'm now getting the same behaviour with the integrated WASAPI support in beta 15. Could it be the Intel HDMI driver does not support FL+FR+SL+SR mapping over WASAPI? Any way I can find out if this is the case?