Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_audioscrobbler Bug (Read 3332 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_audioscrobbler Bug

Hi

I use the Audioscrobbler Plugin and discoverd a bug:

If a randomized entry is beeing played, foo_audioscrobbler dous not detect the song informations

Code: [Select]
picked file - "D:\Media\Musik - Neu\Guns 'N Roses\Appetite For Destruction\Guns 'N Roses - Sweet Child O Mine.mp3"
Track has null info - not submitting.

The code:
Code: [Select]
void store_track_info(file_info_i_full * info) {
    const char *a = info->meta_get("artist");
    const char *t = info->meta_get("title");
    const char *l = info->meta_get("album");
    const char *m = info->meta_get("MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID");
    if (a == NULL || t == NULL) {
 console::info("Track has null info - not submitting.");
 return;
    }
    time(&starttime);
    artist = a;
    title = t;
    if (l != NULL) {
 album = l;
    } else {
 album = "";
    }
    if (m != NULL) {
 sprintf(mbid, "%-37s", m);
    } else {
 memcpy(mbid, "\0", sizeof(mbid));
    }
    length = info->get_length();
}

THe files can be found here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/audi...audioscrobbler/

I tryed to compile it myself, but i neither got VC++ (i am using devcpp) and downloading the free vrsion dous take a bit long with ISDN (8kb/s)

I think there are just a few changes needed in this part of the code..

Maybee s.o. who got everything needed could fix and compile this?
I posted this at the last.fm Forums, too, but noone is answereing there for 3 Days

EDIT: I just realised that this is the wrong forum :/
could a mod plz move it to 3rd Party Plugins - (fb2k) ?

--Ano

foo_audioscrobbler Bug

Reply #1
It may not be that easy after all, since randomized entries only have dynamic info (like internet radio streams), and those should not be submitted to last.fm according to their specification. So this would need special handling for random:|...| entries.

foo_audioscrobbler Bug

Reply #2
Is the "picked file" not available for  foo_audioscrobbler ?

If you open a file using "D:\Programme\foobar2000_beta\foobar2000.exe" /context_command:"Play" "%1" it won't show up in the playlist, too , so this information should be available?!

--Ano

foo_audioscrobbler Bug

Reply #3
The difference is that with a randomized entry, the player does not play the picked file directly, it instead plays the randomized entry itself which in turn opens the picked file for decoding. You can think of it as an indeterministic APL link. The point is that foo_audioscrobbler would need to be aware of randomized entries, and how they work.

foo_audioscrobbler Bug

Reply #4
why not change foo_random, so it just adds the picket file to the playback quene ?

--Ano

foo_audioscrobbler Bug

Reply #5
Merely thinking about this hack makes my head hurt. Moreover, it wouldn't work.