Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist View Grouping Script - Columns UI (Read 1908 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist View Grouping Script - Columns UI

I've searched all morning trying to find any mention or example of a grouping script that
will allow me to show this:

ArtistName - AlbumName - Date -------(variable length line)---------- bitrate Kbps - codec

I'd like the bitrate, Kbps, and codec to be right justified.

I've got this:

$if2(%artist%,<no artist>)[ - %album%][ - %date%][ - %bitrate%] Kbps[ - %codec%]

but I'd like to show bitrate Kbps and codec at the far right of my playlist.

I was pretty sure I've seen this done before but I can't seem to find it now. I've read the  title formatting syntax page through and given my inferior scripting skills I can't figure anything out.

Can someone help?

Reply #1
Perhaps adding $tab() between the left and right part helps?

Reply #2
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the inclusion of bitrate and codec in the grouping also mean that ColumnsUI groups by that information? When dealing with VBR files, it will most certainly put every song into its own "group" then.

Edit: Yes it does. The $tab() works regarding the display, but every difference in the information given in the grouping script will trigger a new group. Grouping and group display seem to be indivisible at the moment.
Nothing is impossible if you don't need to do it yourself.

Reply #3
Perhaps adding $tab() between the left and right part helps?

That worked but I lost the solid horizontal line between left and right parts.

Reply #4
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the inclusion of bitrate and codec in the grouping also mean that ColumnsUI groups by that information? When dealing with VBR files, it will most certainly put every song into its own "group" then.

Edit: Yes it does. The $tab() works regarding the display, but every difference in the information given in the grouping script will trigger a new group. Grouping and group display seem to be indivisible at the moment.

I was so concerned about appearance that I forgot about practicality. Thanks everyone but I've discarded this
notion now.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021