Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tab Width...Can it be adjusted? (smaller) (Read 1326 times) previous topic - next topic

Tab Width...Can it be adjusted? (smaller)

2nd day wrestling with this. Still new to foo. I'm trying to make separate tabs for each alpha character.
A,B,C etc. Problem is I don't have enough screen real estate to get 'em all in. Doing numbers 0-9 too.

Is there a way to decrease the default tab width when it only has to display 1 character?

Thanks in advance

Reply #1
Sounds like you trying to use playlists for a task better suited for a media library viewer.
Using the default Album List or the component Facets you should be able to make more progress.

In facets, using a first facet with a string of -    $caps($left($stripprefix(%album artist%),1))
gives me an a-z list that then filters the second facet by artist.

In the default album list viewer, something like -    $caps($left($stripprefix(%album artist%),1))|%artist%|%album%|%track%
should at least get you started.

EDIT: these are a bit rough. If you provide more detail on what you wish to achieve, someone will be able to help.
terry

Reply #2
[quote name='tpijag' date='May 12 2010, 14:49' post='705061']
Sounds like you trying to use playlists for a task better suited for a media library viewer.
Using the default Album List or the component Facets you should be able to make more progress.

I was indeed approaching it from a playlist perspective.  I installed Facets and am redoing pretty
much from scratch. Looks to be another long night.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

Regards

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021