Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 223853 times) previous topic - next topic

REQUEST: Add Goto Item in Playlist to context menu and allow as a default action

Reply #400
[ I hope this excellent component is still being maintained ]

When I use foo_dbsearch to find a track across all my playlists, I always want to then navigate directly to the item in its corresponding playlist. But I don't see a way to do that currently. Please, therefore, add a Goto Item in Playlist item to the context menu for any found track. In addition, add this as an optional default action in the global settings.

Thanks!

Re: Database Search

Reply #401
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is the difference between this component and the Quick Search Toolbar?

Reply #402
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is the difference between this component and the Quick Search Toolbar?
For my purposes, a big difference: The Quick Search Toolbar does not tell you the name of the source playlist where each found track actually resides. It puts the results into a new playlist but without any additional column giving the name of the source playlist. Foo_dbsearch gives you the name of the source playlist in the status bar when you select any entry.

I'm never interested in working with or playing tracks from a new temporary playlist; I want to go to the playlist where the track actually is.  However, if your interest is not primarily in searching and locating, but creating new playlists on the fly, then the Quick Search Toolbar is the tool for that.

Reply #403
Very clear, thank you very much!