Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI: Auto update playlist (Read 4049 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI: Auto update playlist

I have a folder I put new files into on a regular basis. Is it possible to have FB auto update the playlist for that folder when new files are put in to it?
I use Columns UI

Reply #1
This is called an autoplaylist.

Open the real album list ([Main Menu]->Library->Album List) and select "by folder" as your view. Then right-click on whatever folder you want and select "Create Autoplaylist" from the context menu.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
Sorry the "Album list" is greyed out.
I use Columns UI

Reply #3
Then I would re-run the installer and install the Album List it.

Alternatively, you could use the library search, and use a query such as %path% HAS C:\this\is\your\folder\path.
Or, you could set CUI's filters to work by folder structure and create an autoplaylist from the context menu...
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #4
Does it have to be the same installer I used or can I just download the latest?
Will FB remember my playlists and meta data if i reinstall?
I use Columns UI

Reply #5
http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=FAQ#installing_and_upgrading
How will upgrading affect my settings?

Upgrading from any 0.9.x version to the latest version will leave your settings intact, provided you install the new version on top of the old one. Do not uninstall the old version first! The uninstaller will delete all your settings.

Installing 0.9.x on top of 0.8.3 or an older version will delete your settings and components, since these old versions are incompatible to 0.9.x. However the installer will warn you about this.

elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #6
Ok think I figured it out. I added this folder in preferences>media library. Now it says monitoring under status. So I'm good now right?

Yep it works now, thanks Snake!
I use Columns UI

Reply #7
That adds it to the media library, but not a playlist.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #8
Well, "Album list" became available in the library menu so I just follow the advise from post #2
I use Columns UI

Reply #9
However in that folder is a subfolder containing audio files that I would like not to show up in the playlist. Is that possible?
I use Columns UI

Reply #10
You'll have to manually use a query like:
Code: [Select]
%path% HAS C:\this\is\your\folder\path AND NOT %path% HAS C:\this\is\your\folder\path\subfolder

Basically, I would say anything you want is probably possible with an imaginative use of the query language and title formatting.
If you need to investigate the included help documents I would encourage you to do so, rather than asking here about every possible query you could want.  But, feel free to ask again if you get stuck.

But, keep in mind that the Album List is generally good for simple queries. There's no need to beat yourself up writing a bunch of queries when it comes to programatically simple things.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #11
Thanks snake. I'm reading as much as I can but I have no experience with query language or title formatting so it's VERY limited what I can do with it, but I'm picking up little bits here and there. The good news is that my Foobar setup is close to the way I want it, so I should be bugging you less and less 
I use Columns UI

Reply #12
I have my playlist sorted by title. The autoplaylist function adds a new file at the very bottom of the list. I need the new file to come in in the right alphabetical spot. If I click on the title column it jumps to the right spot, but I'm adding thousands of files ONE BY ONE and I need it to come in on the right spot automatically. Is that possible?
I use Columns UI

Reply #13
Right-click the playlist tab (or the entry in the playlist manager) and select "Autoplaylist..."
From there check the "force-sorted" box and enter a sort pattern.
elevatorladylevitateme