Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 skin distribution/pack, star rating (Read 6902 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 skin distribution/pack, star rating

Is there a place where I can download some sort of prepackaged Distribution/Pack or whatever it's called of Foobar. One that contains some of the elements I want. I'm looking for something based on columns UI, that has a ratings system which allows for half stars. And a search box that filters in real time but not a popup search box I need one that is in the main interface?

Clicked on the "Configuration Distribution Thread" link at the bottom http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...2000:Foobar2000
But link seems to be broken.
I use Columns UI

Reply #1
Your best bet would be to get one of br3tt's configs.

Reply #3
You could use the component Quick Search Toolbar.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=44012

And for the ratings you could use the official component Playback Statistics.
http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=Download

You can also make your custom rating system by creating a %rating% column and entering the values manually.
With some code like this as display script (I chose not to use $repeat() here):
Code: [Select]
$if(%rating%,$ifequal(%rating%,5,★★★★★,$ifequal(%rating%,4,★★★★,$ifequal(%rating%,3,★★★,$ifequal(%rating%,2,★★,$ifequal(%rating%,1,★,))))),$rgb(128,128,128)-)

I've also read somewhere that by multiplying one can use Playback Statistics for other ratings than 5.

Reply #5
You could use the component Quick Search Toolbar.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=44012

And for the ratings you could use the official component Playback Statistics.
http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=Download

You can also make your custom rating system by creating a %rating% column and entering the values manually.
With some code like this as display script (I chose not to use $repeat() here):
$if(%rating%,$ifequal(%rating%,5,?????,$ifequal(%rating%,4,????,$ifequal(%rating%,3,???,$ifequal(%rating%,2,??,$ifequal(%rating%,1,?,))))),$rgb(128,128,128)-)

I've also read somewhere that by multiplying one can use Playback Statistics for other ratings than 5.

durch, I tried this script and it works well with just five whole dots (in this case) but I still need the halfs in between. Could you elaborate on "by multiplying one can use Playback Statistics for other ratings than 5."?
I use Columns UI

Reply #6
I'm not sure about the Playback Statistics component. Maybe its system is 5 rating points, too. I just read somewhere here in the forum that somebody wanted a 100 ratings points system, and he was told to multiply by 20. So that could mean there's no more than 5 basic points.
Also, I don't know if there are characters like "half stars". I'd be glad if someone could post such a character here. A workaround would be to use "½".
$ifgreater(%rating%,0,$repeat(★,$div(%rating%,2)),-)
$ifgreater($mod(%rating%,2),0,½,)

Reply #7
durch, are you talking about just appending the second code to first you posted? How would the complete script look?

Also I can't see all the characters in your code, I get some little boxes with 2 numbers in them. Do you have a special font installed? This is what I see on my screen:

I use Columns UI

Reply #8
The characters are supposed to be stars. I see you are using Windows XP, which might have another place for these in the font codepage. I'm currently using Windows 7 RC, and I think it should also be properly displayed with Windows Vista. I can't help here, hopefully someone else can provide working stars.

The second script is a separate complete script. It works for values from 1 to 10. You can replace the "2"s with "1"s if you like to have values in a range from 1 to 5 with 0.5 increments.

Reply #9
Hmmm, I tried the second script and it doesn't seem to work right on my computer.
I replaced the missing character temporally with an Asterisk. I'm using CUI.

The script with 2s:
When I type 1 in the filed I get ½ , 2=*, 3=*½ , 4=**, 5=**½  and that's as high as it goes, anything over 5 will always give you **½ 

The script with 1s:
Are you saying that if I replace the 2s with 1s I should be able to to write e.g. 3.5 in the filed and then get ***½ ? As it is now I only get *** when I type in 3.5 what ever I type I only get integer values.

I use Columns UI

Reply #10
You're right, the "1"s script doesn't work, my apologies. The functions only work for integer variables.

But "2" is working well, I just tested it. Maybe you already have the Playback Statistics component installed and it's limiting the value to 5. I have no other explanation.

Well, that's all I know myself about this. Maybe someone else should take over.t

Reply #11
Just had an idea to make 0.5 work:
$repeat(★,%rating%)
$if($strchr(%rating%,.),½)

And for all integers just:
$repeat(★,%rating%)

Reply #12
Awesome man it works now! You were right it was the Playback Statistics component that was screwing things up. I just got rid of the dll. Thanks so much for your time.
I use Columns UI

Reply #13
durch, if you rate say 4 files (2 with integer values and 2 with decimals) is it sorting correctly in your rating column?

Mine separates integers and decimals in 2 groups regardless of the ratings. I'm using the first code in post #12
I use Columns UI

Reply #14
It does not. I think that's because Columns UI sorts by the displayed strings by default. But this can easily be fixed:

Reply #15
Excellent! Now all the basics seem to work. Multi thanks!!
I use Columns UI

Reply #16
The Filter panel unexplainably fails to separate multivalue tags for some albums. For example, I have a band named Flook which has four albums which I tagged with a multivalue %style% tag as "Celtic; Instrumental". Three of these four albums show up in the Filter column as two entries - "Celtic" and "Instrumental", while the fourth one shows up as as a single "Celtic; Instrumental" entry.

Reply #17
Just had an idea to make 0.5 work:
$repeat(?,%rating%)
$if($strchr(%rating%,.),½)

And for all integers just:
$repeat(?,%rating%)

Sorry to bump an old post but to get the stars in Foobar2000 on XP what is the $char() I would need to use? Copying and pasting them just results in boxes.

Reply #18
try holding left ALT and enter 9733 on your numpad for full stars or 9734 for empty stars. Do that in wordpad, as somehow notepad gives me the spades icon on windows7.
If that aint working, try changing the font of the icon.

Reply #19
In XP, you need to install East Asian language support for the necessary font substitution to work. Otherwise, you have to explicitly set foobar2000 to use a font that contains the characters you want.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021