Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ASIO output plugin,Foobar2000 V.667 (Read 5700 times) previous topic - next topic

ASIO output plugin,Foobar2000 V.667

I have the newest version of Foobar2000, version .667, and the ASIO plugin for Foobar, and it shows installed in the components list along with all the others. I have used kernal streaming and direct output, but when I go to ASIO. it comes up with the error message that ends with " ERROR unsupported output data format".
I am using W XP Pro and have an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card which supports ASIO. The drives I am using are a Yahama CRW-F1 and a Toshiba SM1612.
Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
I love the quality of the sound, and just wanted to compare the different output options.

Thanks for any help.

Reply #1
I think you have to change the output format to 32-bit (I've only tried ASIO in Fb2k once on my Revolution).

Reply #2
Thank you very much! That was it.

Reply #3
Now that I have it working, are the settings I am using the best? I have an M Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card, with Videologic Siroccos, heavily modified and upgraded, and a Yahama CRW F1E drive, using Foobar 2000 with the ASIO output and no plugins being used. Just 32 bit fixed point and strong ATH noise shaping. At the bottom of the Foobar configuration panel, playback, it says" audio processing pipeline: Decoder (64bit floatingpoint) =>replaygain => DSP =>convert to output data format =>output"
I have no plug ins selected. Is this correct, and am I set up fot the highest quality output?
Thanks for any help.

Reply #4
Now that I have it working, are the settings I am using the best? I have an M Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card, with Videologic Siroccos, heavily modified and upgraded, and a Yahama CRW F1E drive, using Foobar 2000 with the ASIO output and no plugins being used. Just 32 bit fixed point and strong ATH noise shaping ....am I set up fot the highest quality output?

The Revo's DAC's are 24bit , only the card's internal mixer works in 32bit, so it would be best to change to 24bit dithered padded to 32bit. Theoretically.

Reply #5
Thanks lucpes for the reply. I have switched it over to 24bit dithered to 32bit. It doesn't sound any worse,and I am not sure if it is better or not. More listening is required. ASIO is definetly better then kernal streaming or direct output. This is for a commercial cd anyway.
Thanks again