Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scrobblecharts - play Last.fm Charts in foobar (Read 150113 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scrobblecharts - play Last.fm Charts in foobar

Reply #100
This surely would work . But back when I wrote this plugin this function did not yet exist.

Reply #101
Any chance the plugin can be enhanced as this is the closest thing i have seen to the apple genius application. It would be great.

Reply #102
it isn't working for me anymore, it's saying: can't connect to last.fm server

any solutions?

Reply #104
still doesn't work

Reply #105
hello all,

Any chance the plugin can be enhanced as this is the closest thing i have seen to the apple genius application. It would be great.

i really appreceate this too ;-)

is this cool plugin last version from the year 2007?
on http://chron.visiondesigns.de/foobar2000/
i see:
Current Version
Version 0.2.3 (2007-03-31)

is this the current version?

Reply #109
I just wanted to thank chronical for this great plugin, which i am using for years now! 

I mean, foo_lastfm_radio is really great and one of the reasons i am migrating to foobar 0.9.6.5, but foo_scrobblecharts is something really different. For me it's a fantastic new way to discover your own music collection. This works as follows: You are listening to a piece of music and think that the track is just fitting your mood. Now you tell the plugin to play an 'Artist's Similar Charts' Playlist and than it generates a playlist out of your own media library based on tracks of artists which are listened by people who also listen to the performer of the song you based your search on. There are other features like 'Artist's Charts Playlist'
What I find a bit disturbing is, that you can't disable the autoplay function, so that the new generated playlist always immediately starts to play.

IMHO this plugin has a very high potential. If features like support of Last.fm-Tags (so that you can generate a playlist out of your own Media Library with tracks that are tagged by Last.fm Users as 'thrash metal' e.g), the already mentioned track.getSimilar API, some media-library-filtering (so for example, that the plugin will only pick tracks that you have played not more than 3 times) and of course the option to switch autoplay off could be implemented, foo_scrobblecharts really could be the tool of choice to freshen up your favourite playlists with fitting songs that you havent paied too much attention to in the past. And all that is based on statitisc of the huge Last.fm-community.

Therefore I would be really happy if chronical one day decides to make some further developments and improvements on this great plugin! 

Cheers!

Reply #110
Wow, this is a really brilliant plugin.  Thank you, Chronial!  I'm actually surprised there aren't many more replies in this thread.  As there are some good ideas mentioned here, I was wondering if you have plans to continue development... and/or if you have any interest in turning this into an open source project?

Reply #111
This plugin crashing for anybody else right now? I've tried reinstalling foobar, and the app settings for it but it hasn't fixed anything.

Reply #112
Works fine on version 0.9.6.5

Reply #113
Strange.
Can anyone else help me out? I can't figure out what's causing it to crash. Been trying to figure out which component it is.
EL_playlsit?

Reply #116
I can't figure out what's causing it to crash.

This should help.

Thanks, but I've already tried that. I removed all of the problematic components from that list, but the problem still occurs.

Should also mention I've tried removing all the components except for the default ones foobar installs + scrobblecharts.

Anyone know if it could be windows interfering, and if so, exactly how?

Reply #117
Basically I'm using Internet Explorer to download the data from last.fm. So anything wrong there (e.g. with it's proxy settings) might interfere.

But actually I have no idea what might be causing this. But the plugin is quite old - i was a beginner with win32. So quite probably I just did something wrong .

Reply #118
Basically I'm using Internet Explorer to download the data from last.fm. So anything wrong there (e.g. with it's proxy settings) might interfere.

But actually I have no idea what might be causing this. But the plugin is quite old - i was a beginner with win32. So quite probably I just did something wrong .

Do you have any plans for releasing the new version?

It would be pity if this component gets banned in next versions of foobar because it's blacklisted..

Adding some new features would be nice too.
Disregard the constabulary.

Reply #119

Eh, maybe. I checked my IE settings though and couldn't find anything. I think the fault lies with my windows setup, the plugin worked fine for years....

Do you have any plans for releasing the new version?

It would be pity if this component gets banned in next versions of foobar because it's blacklisted..

Adding some new features would be nice too.

Indeed, I second this. Maybe adding a feature for the last.fm recommended artist for user profiles too unless that's already asking too much~

Reply #120
<FAN POST>

Bow to the great Chronial.

This is the best plug-in I have ever used for Foobar.
In fact, whenever I try converting one of my winamp-loyalist - I show them this plug-in.

I sincerely thinks this really leverages Last.fm's collective user generated knowledge and links it with my context - my music database.

Thanks for spending your time on this. I like it just the way it is.

Reply #121
Just to say: I too enjoy this plugin immensely. Any continued development would be awesome.

Reply #122
This is absolutely great. Dunno how it had passed me by for so long.

Cheers!

Reply #123
This component is absolutely fantastic. Works great on Vista with fb2k 0.9.6.8. Really, really nice, especially with a large and well-tagged library.

Reply #124
I would love to improve this plugin.  I emailed Chronial about the source code about a year ago, and PM'd him a couple weeks back on here, but never got a response about it.

So, if you somehow missed everything else: Chronial, is there any chance I could get a copy of the source?