Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: identify this track (Read 3076 times) previous topic - next topic

identify this track

can you please tell me if you know the artists and the title of this track? it seems to be related with william orbit but im not that sure.

identify this track

Reply #1
"Cantus (Poor White Hound Dog Mix)". No artist is credited, but you can use The Electric Chamber, or William Orbit. It is an unreleased remix of his electronic arrangement of Arvo Pärt's 1977 canon "Cantus in Memoriam Benjamin Britten", which you hear a little bit of the melody of toward the end of your clip. The remix was played on a radio show William Orbit did on KCRW in 1996. Orbit's original version sounds nothing like this remix; it's really just another interpretation altogether. The original version was on an album that withdrawn from commercial sale soon after release in 1995 due to objections by Mr. Pärt, who I guess didn't want to hear his music butchered in this way. Read more at Wikipedia: Pieces in a Modern Style

identify this track

Reply #2
wow there is a history bihind this track i didnt know. But the specific version is what i like more. how do you know  the version is called: Cantus (Poor White Hound Dog Mix)? do you own the track?

identify this track

Reply #3
I have The Electric Chamber CD, so I recognized the title. I hadn't heard of the remix before, but a simple web search for william orbit cantus revealed all. Before you ask...TOS #9 forbids us from discussion of where to get this material, released or not.