Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Thanks for Foobar!! & ASIO driver (Read 1537 times) previous topic - next topic

Thanks for Foobar!! & ASIO driver

Hi,
as music lover thanks Foobar for it being a great player.
Win7 64 ultimate and a Cambridge cx80 amp and its driver, all trough asio works as a charme.
Flac files, great sound.
question is: as the amplifier auto shuts off and then foobar give an error when i want play,
FB gives Unrecoverable playback error: Could not initialize the driver.
Yes the driver (amp) is off..
Can foobar just play trough asio also when amp is off?
i have to walk downstairs for putting amp on, thats why.
Can foobar just play also when amp is off?

when music playing its allright but end of playlist no more input then amp goes aff after 10min. and then foobar wont play until i put amp on on again..
can foobar ignore if the amp is off???

very curious for answers..

Many happy saludos
JKFJ

Re: Thanks for Foobar!! & ASIO driver

Reply #1
Looks like a USB issue to me.
When the amp shuts off, the USB receiver shut of as well.
Assuming you have the Cambridge USB drivers installed, this driver probably can’t cope with a receiver “sleeping”.
Check Cambridge if your problem is a known issue
Check if you can update the driver
https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200998441-Which-USB-Driver-do-I-need-4-67-0-1-67-or-1-43-

You might try Foobar + WASAPI, works most of the time excellent with USB DACs
https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200931682-Windows-WASAPI-setup
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #2
thanks Roseval, will update Cambridge driver and see if its bettah, will notify you

Reply #3
When the amp shuts down the 'sound card' is also gone and the computer gives an error. This works like it should.

You could do 3 things:

1. Connect a trigger cable to the amp if it supports that and feed it permanently.
2. Set the standby shutdown to a higher value if possible
3. Use a USB>COAX converter like the Gustard U12. This units switches itself on and off when it sees 5 volt from the USB connection.

Reply #4
Use a USB>COAX converter like the Gustard U12. This units switches itself on and off when it sees 5 volt from the USB connection.

thanks everyone will try this one also
amp uses 40w if its on music or not so thats why auto shut off.. nrg saver.

ok drivers CA updated now 4.67
no change..

then i tried wasapi but wasapi also does not turn on the amp when its off waspai foobar gives
Unrecoverable playback error: Device invalidated

questions:
anybody clearly can tell whats the difference btween push and event? Both wasapi options in output with CA audio.

I will stick to asio for the moment and maybe buy and coax convert cable or maybe better Toslink?

Is this a good solution will a toslink cable get amp from sleep?

Thanks guys
just enjoying themusic for now.
George Duke playing brasil record

Reply #6
yes i did that usb always on in win NRG settings. Did not help.
I called the manufacturer Cambridge Audio and they said this is always like this. Only option is NRG saver modus in the amp, put it off.
No possible otherwise.
Foobar and asio works great!

Greetings
J