Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp 2.92 out! (Read 19664 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp 2.92 out!

EDIT2: as it turned out, this was A LEAKED BETA. Sorry for promoting betas, but I got the information on the winamp forums and just wanted to share it. just wait for the final, thanks
amano

Winamp version 2.92 is out. you can find it  - up to now - only on Winamp Heaven ( http://artoo.dyndns.org/ ), not on the official site.

I quote: "Extra special superduper thanks to Justin Frankel & Mouse for Winamp 2.92"

Changelog:

Winamp 2.92:
* startup with hung winamp process in background fixed
* CD ripping support in media library (with OGG Vorbis encoding support)
* Preliminary AAC playback support added to in_mp3.dll
* media library bugfixes and improvements (listener count in internet *, etc)
* ryan fixed shuffle again
* minibrowser ctrl+l fix.
* nsv: subtitle bugfixes, more buffering options, shoutcast metadata support,
      better invalid bitstream handling, better display options, new ASYN aux
      chunk handling.
* nsv: support for new extended TOC with frame-accurate seeking
* video: overlay fixes on 556 and other unusual modes, drag&drop URL
        to video window now works. Subtitle fixes.
* cdda: bugfixes
* AVS evallib | and & operator fixes
* in_vorbis fixes

Hmm. CD ripping support is included in the media library. just click there on the Devices List and right click on a song. nasty shuffle bug is fixed, too.

EDIT: This isn't an official version, and it isn't downloadable at nullsoft yet. so be careful, some changes for the official versions might happen.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #2

Hm.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #3

"Nullsoft knows what's good ™"

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #4
the changelog is not quite correct. no changes have been done to in_vorbis.dll. it's still at ver. 1.33.

EDIT: Maybe (probably) in_vorbis 1.34 will be included with winamp 2.92 final, when it hits the nullsoft servers. there is a bug in it that is hard to fix without the help of Peter Pawlowsky.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #5
the changelog is not quite correct. no changes have been done to ín_vorbis.dll. it's still at ver. 1.33.

There are 160 859 changes.

s
  • After bugging Nullsoft a lot, and providing the official VBRI SDK, the in_mp3 plugin finally detects VBR files using the VBRI header correctly.
  • Ogg Vorbis ripping support is added.
  • Editing Ogg Vorbis tags won't alter the Vendor ID string anymore.
  • Native AAC support!
s
  • Winamp still won't play a MPEG 2.5 file with 128 kbps and 8 KHz.
  • Still no VU meters in the Windowshade mode. :'(

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #6
The final version that Justin worked on it  :'(

BTW I can't go to http://artoo.dyndns.org/ 
still LAME 3.96.1 --preset extreme -q 0 -V 0 -m s at least until 2005.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #7
Hmmm, I was able to get in less then 5 minutes ago but I didn't download it, and now that I try to go download it it i can't get in.

Maybe AOL found out they put up a version that Justin hadn't passed by them first and canned it!  Ofcource, this could just be my pessamistic mind talking.

Anyone download it already who wants to host it tempararily for those who can't get into Winamp Heaven?

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #8

You are right! Ogg Vorbis support for over year!

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #9
Hmmm, I was able to get in less then 5 minutes ago but I didn't download it, and now that I try to go download it it i can't get in. 

Maybe AOL found out they put up a version that Justin hadn't passed by them first and canned it!    Ofcource, this could just be my pessamistic mind talking.

Anyone download it already who wants to host it tempararily for those who can't get into Winamp Heaven?

GOOGLE RULEZ 

I found a new??? mirror

here http://jr8.sytes.net/    or http://winampheaven.net/
still LAME 3.96.1 --preset extreme -q 0 -V 0 -m s at least until 2005.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #10
i remembered the link http://www.winampheaven.net just before you posted.  2.92 is up and running... WOOOO!!!

[edit]  oo this is sexy 

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #11

You are right! Ogg Vorbis support for over year!

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #13
He parted ways with evil giant AOL which owns Nullsoft...

On a side note is AOL Broadband worth getting? Its just launched its service here in Australia and it looks very very competitive. But then we all know how good AOL has been as an ISP

Laters
AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #14
He is still there.  The AP storie took MAJOR liberties from his blog entry.  Slashdor flat out got it wrong.

The fixed in_vorbis 1.34 *should* be in 2.92 when it is offically released by Nullsoft.  It is currnenlty available for testing now.  Winamp Forums Post.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #16
I think it is a good idea to continue working on winamp 2, because winamp 3 is shit!

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #17
I think it is a good idea to continue working on winamp 2, because winamp 3 is shit!

I like WA3 just that it's too buggy

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #18
What is the memory usage? I like Winamp 2.81 becouse it uses less than 5MB and is very fast.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #19
without installing video support and library, memory usage should be the same.

now it seems that all winamp heaven mirrors are down. most probably due to bandwith problems.

all want the sexy new winamp.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #20
Anyone wanting Winamp 2.92 Full PM me. I won't post the link here because I don't want to ruin my server either.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #21
What is the memory usage? I like Winamp 2.81 becouse it uses less than 5MB and is very fast.

I couldn't resist. FB2K uses <2M

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #22
All servers are quite busy, so I decided to share my copy here:

ed2k://|file|winamp292_full.exe|2445704|6D76E4B6FEAE8E0E0CA058494139303A|/

(in case you don't know that's eDonkey network, however it is better to use eMule client (current version 0.29a))

also 5 vs 2mb... Do you care? 512Mb DDR333 costs $50 USD (anyway here in Canada). Even if it took 128mb it is not a big deal, the main thing it should load faster and f2k is "still" faster, but as it gets more "features" I think it will be "comparable" to winamp.
My endian is bigger than yours.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #23
wow, surge is a tough man. to state things like that in the foobar-land.

ooo,

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #24
wow, surge is a tough man. to state things like that in the foobar-land.

I hope he has an asbestos suit.