Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Running Foobar in Linux (Read 642460 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Running Foobar in Linux

Reply #525
Overall it's getting better, no sound glitches under load with or without  foo_out_pulse. The biggest problem for me is foo_quicksearch crashing when typing anything in a search toolbar.

I also had that but I stopped it by disabling the 'autosearch as you type' feature, so I just press enter to perform a search instead. Seems not to crash that way.

Reply #526
The biggest problem for me is foo_quicksearch crashing when typing anything in a search toolbar.

For what it's worth, I have the quick search toolbar in my CUI layout.  I use it all the time, and it's never caused a crash.

Reply #527
Hi!
I'm running Foobar from Snap in ubuntu 20, after upfates to 1.6.3 version can't open file with association: Unknown commandline parameter /env BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT=/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/foobar2000_foobar2000.desktop /snap/bin/foobar2000 %F/
Dragging by mouse is ok. I tried changed association, but every time is the same error, "Unknown commandline parameter: -immediate"

Reply #528
Sounds like a bug in how the Snap is built. Have you considered installing distribution Wine package and installing a local prefix instead?

Reply #529
Programs using Snap Wine like Notepad++ are good, with associations opening files, other like smplayer too.

Reply #530
Yes, and every single Wine based Snap brings its own version of Wine, depending on how it was authored.

Reply #531
I try winehq, but it is a problem with filepath:

Foobar see only: "/home/user/Muzyka/o.flac",  not full path: "Z:/home/user/Muzyka/o.flac",
so I edited /var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/foobar2000_foobar2000.desktop and changed line "Exec=env BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT=/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/foobar2000_foobar2000.desktop /snap/bin/foobar2000 %F" to "Exec=env BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT=/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/foobar2000_foobar2000.desktop /snap/bin/foobar2000 Z:%F"
Now ubuntu file explorer works ok, but in Double Commander single file is ok, when I mark more than one, than is adding only first to foobar, than I see "Unknown commandline parameter+/patch next file/"

Reply #532
With "Z:"
In Ubuntu Files is ok: add selected files when enter, or open with..., in Double commander only one file, or one directory can add, from selected can't add: only first.
In Snap Notepad++ & Foobar : executing command are similar , DC association too, but notepad++ see full path, however foobar does not, so I must add Z:

Reply #533
Running Foobar in LM via Wine.

One annoying issue is not being able to use KEYBOARD commands (spacebar for pause, etc.). I miss this dearly from Windows. Any way to hack Foobar to use KEYBOARD commands?
!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #534
That's incorrect. Wine should be turning Unix file paths into Windows file paths when Wine runs the program. If it isn't translating those, then either something is wrong with the version of Wine they're using, or quite possibly, the Unix to Windows path translation isn't working from within the sandbox. It is possible that the sandbox needs total filesystem permission to access mount points like that directly.

Lack of keyboard shortcut support is also a Wine shortcoming. If it isn't working, it's not foobar's fault it isn't working.

Reply #535
@oh_no:

Keyboard commands running for me in Snap wine, winehq under Ubuntu, of course every Key must be associated with action like play/pause in preferences of Foobar.

Reply #536
@oh_no:

Keyboard commands running for me in Snap wine, winehq under Ubuntu, of course every Key must be associated with action like play/pause in preferences of Foobar.

Yes .. that was it!! The keys were not mapped. Thx!!

BTW:  I'm sick of Wine! Any timeline on when a true and long-time-promised linux version might be released?
!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #537
Hi.
Help me pls with some questions:
How can I use UI Hacks portable functions in linux?
Internal (fb) volume control doesn't work. How to fix this?
(v.1.5.5)

Reply #538
Internal (fb) volume control doesn't work. How to fix this? (v.1.5.5)
Change "Windows version" to Windows XP or install foobar 1.6 or newer.

Reply #539
I updated Wine from 6.5 to 6.6 (Development).
https://www.winehq.org/announce/6.6
foobar2000 can not start.

Wine 6.6 (Development) uninstall.
Wine 6.0 (stable) install.
foobar2000 install.
No ploblem.
--------
foobar2000 v1.6.5 and v1.6.4.
Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa Cinnamon (64-bit) and Xfce (64-bit).
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #540
I updated Wine from 6.5 to 6.6 (Development).
https://www.winehq.org/announce/6.6
foobar2000 can not start.

Wine 6.6 (Development) uninstall.
Wine 6.0 (stable) install.
foobar2000 install.
No ploblem.
--------
foobar2000 v1.6.5 and v1.6.4.
Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa Cinnamon (64-bit) and Xfce (64-bit).

>Reply #539
Linux Distribution version and foobar2000 version, These don't seem to matter.
Only wine 6.6 (dev).
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #541
Works fine for me with wine 6.6 and foobar 1.6.4 on arch/cinnamon. Does it show some error if you run foobar from terminal?

Reply #542
Hi :)
Ummm

crash reports
https://www.sendspace.com/file/hmwvi6

Thanks.

Reply #543
I meant errors in terminal output. You have quite a few installed components so might be one of those causing the crash.

Nice headphone line up btw I'm very jealous :D

Reply #544
There is an issue with foo_quicksearch.dll under Wine. I do not know if there is a workaround.

Reply #545
Thanks Mikko_H and Kode54

terminal-wine-6.6
https://www.sendspace.com/file/nl74je

But not foo_quicksearch.dll.
Default Standard/Portable installation also do not start.

Return to 6.0 and use.
Many thanks.

Reply #546
Do you use the same wineprefix for all windows applications?

api-ms-win-core-winrt-error-l1-1-0.dll.RoOriginateError probably referes to vcrun2015 which is not needed for foobar2000.

Try create a fresh wineprefix and install only foobar2000 into it
Code: [Select]
$ WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.foobar2000 wine "/path/to/foobar2000_v1.6.4.exe"
$ WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.foobar2000 wine "$HOME/.foobar2000/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/foobar2000/foobar2000.exe"

Reply #547
Do you use the same wineprefix for all windows applications?

api-ms-win-core-winrt-error-l1-1-0.dll.RoOriginateError probably referes to vcrun2015 which is not needed for foobar2000.

Try create a fresh wineprefix and install only foobar2000 into it
$ WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.foobar2000 wine "$HOME/.foobar2000/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/foobar2000/foobar2000.exe"
Thanks Mikko_H.

>Do you use the same wineprefix for all windows applications?
Yes I do.

But, I'm using two foobar2000. Both cannot.
/home/kenfreespire/Documents/foobar2000/foobar2000 DUIA/foobar2000/foobar2000.exe
/home/kenfreespire/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/foobar2000/foobar2000.exe

I will create a new Wine environment.

Many Thanx!

Reply #548
Hi.
Can not... orz

env WINEPREFIX="/home/kenbackbox2/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/kenbackbox2/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Desktop/foobar2000.lnk

Windows soft: Only foobar2000.

Reply #549
Do you mean that this fresh foobar install fails to launch?
I verified myself it works.

As for your custom foobar config, one of the 3rd party components might require vcrun2015 so you can try to (re)install it with winetricks.
wine: Call from 7B0100F6 to unimplemented function api-ms-win-core-winrt-error-l1-1-0.dll.RoOriginateError, aborting
That's the reason anyway your foobar is crashing on launch. I don't know what changed with wine 6.6 to cause it, try asking on winehq forums.