Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Strange CUERipper problem! (Read 1560 times) previous topic - next topic

Strange CUERipper problem!

Ok so I've had this problem on a few occasions now and it's just happened again with no explanation and it's driving me a bit nuts!

I've used CUETools for a couple of years now, but every now and again the "Eject" button only works to open the drive tray and won't close it!  it's happened with all of the recent versions - I've recently ripped over 1000 CDs using 2.1.4 and then 2.1.5 without any problems, but tonight for no reason at all it's suddenly stopped working again!  when i hit eject it spits the tray out, but does nothing at all when i press to close.  If i go into explorer and choose "Close Drive" in there it works fine, just not in CUERipper.

I've tried 2.1.4, 2.1.5, 2.1.6, uninstalling the apps and completely removing the AppData folders as well and reinstalling - no difference.  I've got 2 x SATA drives (Blu-Ray and DVD-RW) and an IDE CD-R drive - all do the same thing.

Has anyone else seen this issue and found a way to fix it other than a reinstall of their OS (which has been the only way I've fixed it before!)

Re: Strange CUERipper problem!

Reply #1
I'm not familiar with that problem with the "Eject" button on the CUERipper GUI but that "Eject" button wasn't added until version 2.1.5 so I can't be sure that is the same button you're referring to.
korth

Reply #2
Sorry - yes indeed it wasn't in 2.1.4  :)) I used the beta 2.1.5 for a while.  but i did try starting at 2.1.4, then upgrading to 2.1.5 then 2.1.6 as detailed to see if it made any difference...

Reply #3
There was a problem with the "Eject" button when first added in beta to 2.1.5. It would not open the tray unless a CD was already in the drive. That was fixed. I'm not aware of anyone else experiencing the problem you are having.
korth