Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mp3 embedded artwork not showing in wmp (Read 1034 times) previous topic - next topic

mp3 embedded artwork not showing in wmp

Hi, I have this issue. My music collection has embedded artwork, but it is not showing in wmp library on windows 10.
This happens to mp3 files, but not to flac files. All flac files display artwork correctly. Some mp3 files also display correctly, but most of them doesn't show any artwork. I have tried several times to remove them from library and reload them after, but the same files (apparently, as they are too many) are just grey.

I have recently re-installed windows 10 (dual boot with kubuntu) and added an hdd in my laptop's dvd caddy and on this hdd is most of my music. So, I don't know if that is what is causing it in any way, as I never had this problem before. The same files used to display correctly before formatting.

Artwork shows in "now playing" but not in library. I tried also refreshing tags with WMP Tag Plus.

Any suggestions?

Re: mp3 embedded artwork not showing in wmp

Reply #1
After trying several things like uninstalling/reinstalling wmp, deleting thumbnail cache and even deleting all hidden albumart jpg files (I don't recommend it if artwork is not embedded to music files), the issue was finally (and mostly) resolved. I think the issue maybe was caused by Icaros thumbnail software. I uninstalled it and installed an older version (2.30) and now it seems ok. I'll come back if there are any updates.