Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: UPnP and Visualization and Oscilloscope (Read 1857 times) previous topic - next topic

UPnP and Visualization and Oscilloscope

I have noticed that no visualizations work when a UPnP source is selected as output.  I get visualizations with the DS output but not UPnP.  Does anyone know how to get this to work. I am using the UPnP MediaRenderer Output and have attempted to select all three possible ouputs.  I can get sound this was to my Chromecast Audio perfectly so I know it is outputting but eliminates whatever output necessary for visualizaitons.

Re: UPnP and Visualization and Oscilloscope

Reply #1
Visualizations need to know fairly exact latency of the output, which is impossible when using a network output device that doesn't report the remote end's latency.

Re: UPnP and Visualization and Oscilloscope

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply.  I also did some more digging and found that also. It would be great to have a latency adjustment then.  Something similar to lip sync on videos.  Not sure if that would be possible though.