Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 2000 1.1.1 & WASPI 2.1 Problem (Read 2525 times) previous topic - next topic
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Foobar 2000 1.1.1 & WASPI 2.1 Problem

I have used Foobar with Kernel Streaming ever since the KS driver was released with no problems. Yesterday I downloaded the WASPI 2.1 driver and I get a steady clicking sound every 3-4 seconds while playing. I did an uninstall on Foobar and a fresh reinstall, downloaded a new WASPI driver and the problem persists. Any one have the same problem or know a solution?

Thanks,
JA

Foobar 2000 1.1.1 & WASPI 2.1 Problem

Reply #1
Try reducing buffer length in output devices, thou this is wild guess

Foobar 2000 1.1.1 & WASPI 2.1 Problem

Reply #2
I have the same problem here. I use a Realtek ALC1200 sound chip with s/pdif out that goes in a Beresford Caiman DAC. I don't know what the exact reason but I solved this problem by using a 48 kHz resampler in the DSP chain.

Foobar 2000 1.1.1 & WASPI 2.1 Problem

Reply #3
I also have problems with this sound chip under Windows 7. It seems I get buffer underruns, the sound sometimes pauses for a split second. But the curious thing is that there are no other applications with sound output except Windows' system sounds. I only get this with fb2k.

Windows 7 64bit
I use the analog output (black jack)
Enhancements are disabled (greyed out)
Default Format is 24bit, 48kHz
Exclusive mode: allow exclusive control: yes, priority: no
fb2k output: DirectSound Primary Sound Driver, 1000ms buffer

I changed the output device to WASAPI: Speakers for now... maybe it helps.

 

Foobar 2000 1.1.1 & WASPI 2.1 Problem

Reply #4
I've had a different problem with WASAPI, where foobar's WASAPI was not getting exclusive access (other sounds broke foobar's sound), though it was set to.
I solved it by disabling all other playback and recording devices except the one I use under control panel -> sound.
Perhaps it'll help you as well.