Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC—rip enhanced CD adds long silence to end of last track—only on MP3 (Read 3044 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC—rip enhanced CD adds long silence to end of last track—only on MP3

Hey guys,

New to the forums here, hope I'm posting this in the correct one. My little annoying problem is - whenever I rip an enhanced CD (a CD that contains data, like a music video file, as well as audio tracks), EAC will add several minutes of silence to the end of the last audio track on the CD when ripping as an MP3 file. Is there any way to correct this? Now, when I rip the last track alone to a WAV file with EAC, it does NOT add those few minutes of silence, and I can then convert that track to MP3 using EAC once again. So there is that workaround, but it is an extra step (which is where the annoying part comes in). Just wondering if there is a way to avoid going about that extra step. Can EAC not completely and accurately rip to MP3 when dealing with these enhanced CDs? Also, might there be a way I can tell EAC to first rip to WAV files, and then convert to MP3, either one-by-one or all together? I looked in the options to see if I could tell EAC to do this, but couldn't really find the option(s).

I feel like this is possible to set up, but I must not have my settings correct. I consider myself to have above average but not necessarily advanced knowledge of computers and audio-related software, but cannot figure this out. Any help is much appreciated, and I thank you in advance! I am using EAC v1.0 beta 3 from 8/29/2011, and the latest version of Lame MP3 Encoder - I believe it is 3.99. Windows Vista 32-bit, if that info is of any use, and any other information available upon request.

I feel like I should also add that I fully understand the whole lossy MP3 vs. lossless WAV/FLAC argument, but I am ripping my CDs to my computer as MP3s for my own personal use, and have chosen MP3s as they take up less space than WAVs and FLACs. Thanks once again!

EAC—rip enhanced CD adds long silence to end of last track—only on MP3

Reply #1
Can EAC not completely and accurately rip to MP3 when dealing with these enhanced CDs?
I have never heard of it not being able to, so I guess yes.

Also, might there be a way I can tell EAC to first rip to WAV files, and then convert to MP3, either one-by-one or all together?
It already does this.

This fact points to the cause being something in the MP3 encoding process rather than EAC, i.e. some issue with LAME. To that end, you might have told us what your command line and related settings in the User defined encoder window are, and so on.