Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Autoplaylist: use SORT BY in "query pattern" or use "Sort pattern" ? (Read 864 times) previous topic - next topic

Autoplaylist: use SORT BY in "query pattern" or use "Sort pattern" ?

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how Autoplaylist work and how it uses ressources.
1) In terms of ressources, is it the same between sorting in "query pattern" or "sort pattern" ?
Since there's a special line for sorting, it must be because it uses less ressources ? Or is it just an entry in order to help beginners ?
For example, if I want to sort by %lastplayed% but in descending order, I have to use the "query pattern". Is it worth it or the cost in ressources are not worth it ?

2) "Force-sorted" ressources ? It seems this option must be enabled in order to make autoplaylists work. If it's not enabled, playlist are not often updated (I don't know when playlists are updated in fact).
But when enabled, I wonder how playlist are updated ? Each second or it depends on database modification ?

Re: Autoplaylist: use SORT BY in "query pattern" or use "Sort pattern" ?

Reply #1
I also came here to ask this question, does anyone know the answer?