Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AutoComplete/autofill on multiple-value fields (Read 6055 times) previous topic - next topic

AutoComplete/autofill on multiple-value fields

One of my favourite new features in Fobar is the Autocomplete/autofill. It's one of the best ways for maintaining consistency in artist/track/album names and such, which later enables a better management/discovery of duplicate tracks, cover versions and the such.
Thing is it qould only work for the 1st value on a multi-value field. Once a ';' character is introduced, rather starting a new autocomplete 'session', it's just disabled.
Is there anything I'm missing?

Reply #1
You aren't missing anything, multi-value autocomplete doesn't work. I don't see it in the feature proposal either. It would be very useful indeed.

Reply #2
I just came acroos the same problem today. And I just wanted to raise a feature request and then I read this thread.

It would be great, if the auto-completion could be adjusted to also work with multi-value fields. Especially für the genre tag, multi-value is important for me. I often Tag my Musik like: Jazz; Contemporary Jazz; Minimal (so I get a better profile of the music).

Reply #3
This bothers me also; just in case the realisation takes long or will not happen due to limitations of the GUI objects I have found the following "work-around": Using the Quick Tag Panel. It needs columns_ui to be present, but not necessarily used as the panel runs in an own window otherwise.

It support "auto-filling" too as it can scan your library for all possible values of a tag an then display them as a list like shown here:

This works also for bigger lists (still to be reduced...):

Reply #4
Thanks for the tip, ojdo 

Reply #5
I'd like to see this implemented, too.

Reply #6
I just wanted to create a thread requesting this feature when I remembered that it already existed. Is there a chance to see autocomplete also work for multi-value fields (=making re-appear the autocomplete combo box after having entered ";")?

Reply #7
I would like this feature too.

Reply #8
That would be a really great feature! Any plans to implement autocomplete when having multiple values?

Reply #9
I'd also like to see this implemented. It may not be possible to show a list of possibilities only for the current entry in the field, but completing the whole string should be.
That may not have completely made sense...

May not be possible without messed up spacing:
Code: [Select]
Rock; Alt...
      Alternative Rock
      Alternative Metal

Hopefully possible:
Code: [Select]
Rock; Alt...
Rock; Alternative Rock
Rock; Alternative Metal

Reply #10
Any plans to implement this in an upcoming version of foobar2000? This would be tremendously helpful for tagging :-).

Reply #11
Join for request! It's very important because it so boring to add styles/genres full typing, and them added to all releases.