Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DTS from acid or smth. (Read 6589 times) previous topic - next topic

DTS from acid or smth.

Hello,

Is there possible to make six waves from my acid pro project ? (Because i can't render audio as dts). And if it isn't, maybe there are some other programs which can do the same or similar jobs ?

P.S are there any high quality loops over the net (for ex. 96hz) ?

thanks

DTS from acid or smth.

Reply #1
Is there possible to make six waves from my acid pro project ? (Because i can't render audio as dts).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=278240"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sure. It's unintuitive, but you can make mono stubs with ACID Pro. In ACID Pro 4, you choose File, Render As, and choose Wave (Microsoft). Then you need to change the profile. Next to Template: choose Custom. In the dialog that pops up, for the Channels: option, choose Mono. Choose OK, then Save. Counter-intuitively, this will not down-mix the project, but will create six mono files named "ProjectName Left.wav" etc.
P.S are there any high quality loops over the net (for ex. 96hz) ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=278240"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have not encountered any.
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

DTS from acid or smth.

Reply #2
I use acid pro 4 only for the mixage of track audio. 
Nevertheless, you can use Surcode Dts.

DTS from acid or smth.

Reply #3
I use acid pro 4 only for the mixage of track audio. 
Nevertheless, you can use Surcode Dts.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=278354"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have ACID Pro 5 and I regularly export to 6 or 7 channels and then encode with the ProSeries DTS encoder which is 96/24 capable (in 5.1 only). The SurCode encoder is much cheaper but it does not do 24 bit 96 encoding or 6.1 discreet. SONY have recently made available 24 bit loop collections  of which I have 2 sets and they are absolutely supurb. Keeping the 24 bit in tact is quite nice so for me the extra is worth it. Unfortunately the loops are not 96khz but 44.1 (that was a let down when I got them)

DTS from acid or smth.

Reply #4
no2dvd, are you sure you can hear the difference between 24/48 and 24/96?
(plz watch out TOS #8 when you reply)

DTS from acid or smth.

Reply #5
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289533"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did he say at all that he can hear differences?

As I see it, he is expressing regret that loops are at 44.1kHz. He might be referring to the fact that it's better to do processing on higher frequency sampling rates.

DTS from acid or smth.

Reply #6
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289533"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did he say at all that he can hear differences?

As I see it, he is expressing regret that loops are at 44.1kHz. He might be referring to the fact that it's better to do processing on higher frequency sampling rates.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289538"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes and also if he has the source in 24/96 and he wants to release it in 24/96, it could be useful. But there is also the possibility that it doesn't worth it.

From my experience, bit depth is more significant than frequency rate for processing. Also, if you resample a 48 to 96 then make the processing and back to 48, I think you will have a worst result than make it gently in the native frequency rate.

DTS from acid or smth.

Reply #7
That's right, it's not so important to hear the difference as it is to be able to say with a straight face that 'This is a DTS 96/24 recording"

DTS from acid or smth.

Reply #8
That's right, it's not so important to hear the difference as it is to be able to say with a straight face that 'This is a DTS 96/24 recording"
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289658"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You didn't really answer the question.
And it's important to be sure that you do hear the difference, otherwise you could bother for nothing (and maybe for a worst result).

DTS from acid or smth.

Reply #9
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289658"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You didn't really answer the question.
And it's important to be sure that you do hear the difference, otherwise you could bother for nothing (and maybe for a worst result).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289713"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't have any 96 khz loops so I can't tell you. But upsampling from 44.1 to 96 doesn't make them worse. Of course I want to bother if I have 24 bit loops, I don't want to use 16 bit DTS if I can use 24 bit.