Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Export/Import tags to/from a text file with metaflac (Read 2263 times) previous topic - next topic

Export/Import tags to/from a text file with metaflac

I'm trying to get a sense of the metaflac commands: "--import-tags-from=FILE" and "--export-tags-to=FILE". AFAIK, there's no GUI to use them and I'm definitely not a scripting wizard. 

My folder structure is "1 album = 1 folder". What I wish to achieve is having the tags in one text file by track (with the same name), in each folder. Like that:

Folder :

"G:\Fabulosos Cadillacs\Los Fabulosos Cadillacs - 1997 - Fabulosos Calavera\

Files:
"01-01 ¦ Los Fabulosos Cadillacs ¦ El Muerto.flac"
"01-01 ¦ Los Fabulosos Cadillacs ¦ El Muerto.txt"
"01-02 ¦ Los Fabulosos Cadillacs ¦ Surfer Calavera.flac"
"01-02 ¦ Los Fabulosos Cadillacs ¦ Surfer Calavera.txt"
"01-03 ¦ Los Fabulosos Cadillacs ¦ El Carnicero De Giles - Sueño.flac"
"01-03 ¦ Los Fabulosos Cadillacs ¦ El Carnicero De Giles - Sueño.txt"
etc.

Obviously, after having exported the tags, I want to be able to import them later. Is there a way to do this for 70 000+ files with a batch/script?

P.S.: I know MP3Tag is supposed to support this feature, though I never found a way to do it properly. I'd just prefer to rely on metaflac if it's feasible.