Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI - Exclude Multi-Channel from NG Playlist Display (Read 1775 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI - Exclude Multi-Channel from NG Playlist Display

Hey there!

I'm having a small Problem with SACDs in Foobar 2000:

Right now i use the Columns UI Filter to browse through my library which is working fine for everything but SACD ISOs.

My Problem is that it also shows Multi-Channel tracks in the Filter Results Playlist when i click a SACD Album in Filter, is there any way to remove those tracks from the media library alltogether or to stop them from being displayed?

My stop-gap solution is to add the $info(channels) tag at the beginning of all Filters in the Filter options (so 6-channel tracks end up at the end of the playlists) but i don't really like this option as some people who play back music on this PC don't know that they shouldn't use the 6-channel tracks

All ideas on how get rid of those entries are very appreciated

Columns UI - Exclude Multi-Channel from NG Playlist Display

Reply #1
you can prevent the foobar core from monitoring any files/folders marked with the hidden attribute in windows explorer.

if that's no good, then place your first filter as $info(channels) as you've been doing. select 2 and then resize it out of sight. i think you can do this cleanly.

Re: Columns UI - Exclude Multi-Channel from NG Playlist Display

Reply #2
bumping this. I'm looking to filter out multi-channel tracks as well. I could just filter out the multi-channel folder (which is inside my music folder), but couldn't find a way to do it either. I'm using columns UI and Playlist View

Re: Columns UI - Exclude Multi-Channel from NG Playlist Display

Reply #3
I guess you can set foo_skip to skip those files if attempted to play, and/or mark them conspicuously in playlist view admonishing anyone who wants to play them against it. No idea how to filter them completely though.