Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Back to the old search method (Read 3265 times) previous topic - next topic

Back to the old search method

We changed back to the old search method for now. Hopefully it works a bit better.
The Invision search system isn't the best possible, but hopefully it will be a bit better now. Now the search queries should work like this:
"mp3 AND quality AND testing"
"mp3 OR quality"

Wildcards aren't needed. For example "test" should find "tests" as well as "testing".

This method will use lots more server resources, so hopefully it doesn't give us any surprises..
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #1
Great, I never liked the new (now old  ) search, especially not the default simple mode.

Reply #2
 Searching for AAC+ works again!
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Reply #3
Don't forget to reimplement the quick search bar

Reply #4
great
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

Reply #5
The search does not seem to work correctly with phrases.  I would expect either compression ratio or "compression ratio" to find topics containing the exact phrase.  But actually searching on either of these matches any topic containing compression and completely ignores the word ratio.

I can't use compression And ratio because it gives me topics where both words exist even if they are not in a phrase.

I have been searching with foobar 2000 (Sub Category) and I think that probably this phrase does not exist at all in any topics in that forum.  Perhaps this is why it is having problems.  Or am I doing something wrong?

Reply #6
This still seems to be a problem.  Any chance somebody could look into it?

Thanks.