Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The best way to back up your foobar (Read 2802 times) previous topic - next topic

The best way to back up your foobar

Last night was the third time it happened... I hastily shut down my computer and forgot to turn off foobar. I realized my mistake in an instant and then restarted my machine to find that... once again, the .cfg file was screwed up. Attempting to learn from past mistakes I tried copying over an older .cfg file, but foobar wouldn't load properly. I then attempted to simply copy over an entire foobar2000 directory I had saved to make it exactly like it was.. but this also didn't work. Alas, after several hours of reconfiguring everything I have it back to just about the way I want foobar... But now I'm stuck in the same position of simply dreading whenever this happens nextime.

Does anyone

A. Know of a way to prevent this from happening? (I've searched about it before and the only steady answers I've come up with are "remember to close your foobar" and "don't use plugins"... )

B. Know of a really good way to back up ALL of you foobar settings?

Reply #1
I wrote a little program to auto-backup your .cfg files. Apparently corruption's not as great of an issue with 0.9, so it's kinda redundant, but anyhow, here's a link to the thread where I posted it.
foo_loader

Reply #2
I wrote a little program to auto-backup your .cfg files. Apparently corruption's not as great of an issue with 0.9, so it's kinda redundant, but anyhow, here's a link to the thread where I posted it.
foo_loader
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=353447"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Awesome! I'm definitely going to give this a try. thanks.

Reply #3
I've been using canar's "foo_loader" for a while now. Saved my a** many times, a must have.  Works very well.
My English sucks... Forgive me :(

Reply #4
Does anyone

A. Know of a way to prevent this from happening? (I've searched about it before and the only steady answers I've come up with are "remember to close your foobar" and "don't use plugins"... )

Not a long time ago I encountered with index.dat file corruption (I suppose?) after a regular shutdown w/o closing fb2k so all the playlist titles were lost. Is this a 0.9b13 bug?

B. Know of a really good way to back up ALL of you foobar settings?

I use WinRAR

Reply #5
save the foobar2000 folder 
Sorry for my bad English