Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A little muted click at the end of a track or at the end of a playlist (Read 1456 times) previous topic - next topic

A little muted click at the end of a track or at the end of a playlist

Hi, I hear a little muted click at the end of a track or at the end of a playlist. Sometimes, when I double click a track too.
I'm using a iBasso DC02 USB DAC.
Is it normal?

Re: A little muted click at the end of a track or at the end of a playlist

Reply #1
I'd blame Windows starting and stopping your DAC on demand.

Reply #2
What can I do?

Reply #3
Some DACs just switch off their output when receiving digital silence or no signal. At the moment of switching there is click. Most probably this is your case.

Reply #4
Some DACs just switch off their output when receiving digital silence or no signal. At the moment of switching there is click. Most probably this is your case.

Thanks, it sounds logical.

Reply #7
Noise in 24th bit will be absolutely inaudible in any condition.

Reply #10
What are your settings in File->Preferences->Playback->Output ?

Reply #11
What are your settings in File->Preferences->Playback->Output ?

Device: WASAPI (push): Speakers (IBASSO-DC-Series). Note: Event method doesn't work with my DAC.
Buffer length: 1000
Output format: 32-bit (I tried with 24 bit too)
Fading off

Reply #12
And stupid question: did you actually add "Add Noise" to active DSPs?

Reply #13
And stupid question: did you actually add "Add Noise" to active DSPs?
Of course. Last in the chain.

Reply #14
I think you need a system app doing the noise thing 24/7, because this DSP will only add it while you're playing, and you'll still have the issues when you start or stop playback.

Reply #15
I think you need a system app doing the noise thing 24/7, because this DSP will only add it while you're playing, and you'll still have the issues when you start or stop playback.
So, no good news, eh?

Reply #16
You couldn't use background playback with your choise of exclusive WASAPI. Though that might also be the reason you hear the click if the soundcard gets reset to different settings. Perhaps try with the default output first.

Reply #17
You couldn't use background playback with your choise of exclusive WASAPI. Though that might also be the reason you hear the click if the soundcard gets reset to different settings. Perhaps try with the default output first.
I did it. The click is there.

Reply #18
With "Add noise" clicks still persist between tracks too, not only at the end of playlist? Can you try to increase noise level in "Add noise" settings and test if it changes anything?

Reply #19
With "Add noise" clicks still persist between tracks too, not only at the end of playlist? Can you try to increase noise level in "Add noise" settings and test if it changes anything?
The click is not between tracks, happens when I start manually a track or at the end of a playlist or just one track. The "Add noise" is not working for my purpose.