Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.3.9 beta discussion thread (Read 3608 times) previous topic - next topic

1.3.9 beta discussion thread

1.3.9 Final has been released.

Download Here.

http://www.foobar2000.org/changelog[/url] ]1.3.9

Also, just a reminder that Beta discussion threads are not appropriate place for otherwise random feature requests. Posting them here does not somehow magically make them more likely to be implemented--if anything it makes them less so.

Those requests should be made once, in their own topics. 
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #1
Does "advanced formatting of peak values" slow down the RG scan? I scan the cartoons that I save for my son and it seemed much slower after that option was enabled. Not saying it's bad or a bug, just want to know.

Thanks.

Reply #2
That setting only changes how the results are displayed. More likely reason for slowdown is that you changed ReplayGain scanner to oversample.

Reply #3
I most certainly didn't change that, in fact, I have no idea where that setting is (?).

Found: "Peak scan oversample factor : 1"

Reply #4
I have also noticed some slow down in RG scanning, like it was 2-3 times slower. Oversampling in RG advanced options is set to default "1". Also updating files after RG scan seems to be strange... At first progress bar goes very very slow and then in peaks from less than 10% to _90% and finishes in an eye blink.

Reply #5
ReplayGain slowdown, cannot confirm - going at usual 3000x realtime just like 1.3.8 did. Peak oversampling does slow things down but it is disabled by default on purpose. Nothing else changed.

Does "advanced formatting of peak values" slow down the RG scan? I scan the cartoons that I save for my son and it seemed much slower after that option was enabled. Not saying it's bad or a bug, just want to know.

Thanks.

Sounds like you're using "apply ReplayGain to file content" on MP4 video files? It was never as fast as plain scan as it has to first decode whole file and then alter every audio frame in the stream.

Speed cannot possibly be affected by "advanced formatting" as it only affects how peak values are shown in the final dialog. Windows caching might be playing tricks on you; with operations that require lots of disk reads/writes, the speeds are not consistent.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #6
I apply after the scan but I was referring to the scan speed, compared to the same file with 1.3.8 it "seemed" slower but after few tests I think it's the same.

I only process MP4 with AAC. I don't want them too loud for my son's viewing on the iPad, most of the times are actually too low even at the highest volume settings (on the iPad).

Can we have "advanced formatting" enabled by default if it doesn't effect anything? I think more non-intrusive info is always better, someone was actually just asking about that and he couldn't find the option.

And a clean install showed default setting is 1, so I assume 1 = disabled.

Thanks.

Reply #7
Beta 5 has been released.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #8
  • New high-quality but slow resampler based on dBpoweramp/SSRC code, as an alternative to fb2k's PPHS resampler.

If it's an alternative, does it mean there is an option to choose resampler?
iRiver H10 20 GB - Rockbox

Reply #9
Yes, it has a separate DSP entry.
elevatorladylevitateme