Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Setting ID3v2 tags via command line (Read 2393 times) previous topic - next topic

Setting ID3v2 tags via command line

Can anybody tell me how I can set the orchestra/band ID3v2 tag via command line?  LAME can't do it.  I need this because I'm using Windows Media Player 10 and it picks up this field to display the album artist in brackets next to the album title in album list view.

I want to be able to add a command line to MAREO so that when I rip I set FLAC tags using ENSEMBLE="%artist%", I can do this fine, but I can't do the equivilant with LAME for MP3s so I'm having to go back after ripping and manually add the orchestra/band tag field using Tag&Rename.

Thanks
Slink

Setting ID3v2 tags via command line

Reply #1
I'd recommend that you just use foobar2000 instead of WMP10. Foobar2000's masstager utility is also very useful (but I dragged my feet for awhile before finally deciding to learn it and use it) and can do what you're looking for (but after the fact, like tag and rename does). I don't know how to get a Lame encoder to fill in an id3v2 field.
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320