Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9 (Read 272581 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #75
It looks like Album Art Viewer is very limited (1 preference in advanced option ?).

Since foo_uie_album_art source code is available someone will convert it to an UI element sooner or later...

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #76
If your folders are not properly organized either, I'm afraid there is not much you can demand from a library viewer.

My folders are well-organized, or at least I find them well-organized. With Folder Structure, you only see directories, and problem is... sometimes you have directories AND files.

The ideal is to have a well-tagged database, but I would need one year to be the case.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #77
I just would like to express my gratitude towards the developers for such an amazing music player! And their continuous effort for making it better. Finally a real random function! Hoooraaay!

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #78
Either way everyone benefits with the latest version, I just hope musicmusic doesn't feel slapped in the face, the least you guys could of done is tell him early or something surely..?.

Just to make sure that there are no misconceptions. Musicmusic did certainly know how to get access to the alpha builds ever since the early 0.9  branch if he wanted to. He has access to one of the development channels if he chooses to and we certainly never actively tried to hide anything from him. We just happened to not be in contact for quite some time now.

As far as I know it was his choice to keep developing columns UI on his own. In no way I hold this against him since decisions like this are entirely up to the developers themselves. I do hold musicmusic in the dearest respect, since he has done a lot for this community and I have been an avid columns UI user myself before Peter started developing the new UI. We also by no means made the new UI to drive columns UI out, but simply started it because we felt there was the need for a new user friendly and easily configurable UI and never saw this as direct competition to columns UI.

Columns UI and the new default UI where developed independently simply because things took a turn that way and certainly not because of any hostilities, secrecies or anything the like.

I just want to make sure that this is clear before any rumors spread again that we actively try to drive away developers. It seems that some developers are a bit over sensitive to critisism (and by this I don't mean musicmusic by any means). Now if these developers decide to leave the fb2k community this certainly isn't our responsibility either and entirely their own decision.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #79
Columns UI and the new default UI where developed independently simply because things took a turn that way

Are there any good reason a WYSIWYG layout manager for Columns UI couldn't have been done instead, to preserve plugin compatibility ?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #80
Is it intentional, that  the media library is now case sensitive?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #81
We don't blame developers because of Terrestrial leaving. It's just that criticisms have sometimes been a bit rude (not always from moderators besides). When you have Foosion and some users who say Panels_UI is a bad written component, it's difficult to receive. Even if it's the case, you should choose the right words or explain it in PM.

But I don't want to be involved in controversy. I prefer to enjoy this new interface.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #82
Hello all,
I am really happy that you all like this new version. I am very sorry to break the flow of positive comments but new playlist view is inaccessible. People using screen-reading solutions are not available to access playlist content with this new beta.
I believe this can be fixed as the playlist view is perhaps not entirely completed yet. I don't want to criticize the dev team I just would like to discuss accessibility issues properly. I have started a topic here so please look into it if you are interested in accessibility for visually impayred people.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #83
Hello, I am very happy with my current panels_ui config, but I would like to try this out. How would I do that without anything geting lost? I have an external hard drive, would it help to install it there?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #84
It looks like it's impossible to delete a splitter without delete several (or all) UI elements.

@sylla: you won't lose anything. In preferences > Display, just select Default User Interface. And when you want to come back to Panels UI, just choose Panels_UI interface.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #85
It looks like it's impossible to delete a splitter without delete several (or all) UI elements.

Cut the UI Element which you would like to keep, and paste it over the splitter.

Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #87
Excellent release ! Thank you for this easy to configure layout!

One question though, how do you obtain the playlist shown in the first screenshot http://foobar2000.org/releasenotes-095/ima...nterface.th.png ? I mean, how you changed the font size of the yellow titles ? (or maybe it's set at a slightly bigger font but is not customizable ?)

Also what is the scratchbox for exactely ? Testing out some panels adjustments before cut+paste on the main window ?

Btw highlighted line in playlist has its text in white, I have not seen how to change that is the Colors and Fonts section (screenshot)

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #88
how to specify album art covers from folders in advanced option??
LAME 3.100.1 -V0

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #90
One question though, how do you obtain the playlist shown in the first screenshot http://foobar2000.org/releasenotes-095/ima...nterface.th.png ? I mean, how you changed the font size of the yellow titles ? (or maybe it's set at a slightly bigger font but is not customizable ?)

The playlist view in the screenshot has grouping enabled. The color of group headers can be changed through the Highlight color.

Also what is the scratchbox for exactely ? Testing out some panels adjustments before cut+paste on the main window ?

Exactly.

Btw highlighted line in playlist has its text in white, I have not seen how to change that is the Colors and Fonts section (screenshot)

The color of selected text is either black or white depending on the background color. It is not configurable.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #91
How do you access the scratchbox?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #92
Menu View, Layout, Create Scratchbox.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #93
First kudos to all developers for their efforts!

Second: I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but... is it possible to add an option in order to get tags from a local Freedb database (as in EAC and Plextools) ?

Thanks.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #94
Wow. A big thank you to the foobar2000 developer team.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #95
Feature request: when album list view is sorted by directory structure can it bemade so folders are added to the list first and files are appended to the bottom?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #96
has anyone been able to get the installer to work in wine? I keep getting this:

nbv5@nbv5-desktop:~$ wine /home/nbv5/Desktop/foobar2000_0.9.5\ beta\ 1.exe
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.

ntlm_auth error can be fixed by upgrading your samba (ntlm_auth is a part of samba), but unfortunately this does not help to go further with installation (installer just hangs). 

Eventually I installed it on WinXP box and copied foobar2000 dir to .wine/drive_c/Program Files/ and it works quite good (though you can simply crash it by pressing unassigned shortcut )

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #97
great stuff, tnx.
a. can i get my multiline input field back thought? (window title, status bar..)
b. how do i right align data in custom column?
c. can we have replacable buttons? (load bitmap would do just fine)
d. titleformat_help.html is still missing some basic tags, like: %__replaygain_track_gain%
e. whitecrap still displaying in spectrogram when switched to quality other than low.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #98
Very nice work!

Backwards compatibility with components seems VG; the only components I have "lost" are "panels", but that is to be expected with the new layout.

Lack of Customizable Track Info is my only major "sticking" point for completely leaving 0.9.4; but I am **sure** it is coming (wink, wink)

Does the new default layout allow for third party "panels" ---sorry, I know that term is attached to columns ui, but I hope you get the point? Need to get Lyrics and album art browsing back....

Random rocks!

Facets is very slick.

Now, to try to figure out what my autoplaylist queries were to import them into the filter...

Also, any trick to getting graphical ratings indicators into a playlist panel? None of my code works; currently stuck with 4 / 5 etc. EDIT
Code: [Select]
$if(%rating%,$get(info)$get(result)%rating% / $get(high)5,)
works (no color choices available ATM, as far as I can tell)

Keep up the good work.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #99
A nice step in the right direction. What I'm missing at first glance is cycling album art through various freely defined filemasks and a lyrics display element.