Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SACD DSD support? (Read 3117 times) previous topic - next topic

SACD DSD support?

Hello!

I'm trying to play a WAV that was encoded from a DSD source on my analog 5.1 output thru foobar with no sucesss. Anyone can shed a light on me on this one? Everything I hear is some sort of "white noise" when I try to play back the WAV....

Help?

SACD DSD support?

Reply #1
As far as I know there is no way to play back right now of playing back a DSD stream from a SACD on a computer atm. You most likly caught a DTS conversion of a SACD which is encoded in a wav file. In order to play this correctly in fb2k you would need the foo_dts component and you need to rename the file to .dts

Hope this helps

SACD DSD support?

Reply #2
Right on! That was it. Got foo_dts and it's playing perfectly now.

Thanks man!

SACD DSD support?

Reply #3
Right on! That was it. Got foo_dts and it's playing perfectly now.

Thanks man!

Yes, you could thank Chris Norman, but beware, he is advertizing illegal software here, and this, in my experience, will lead to thread removal and warned level raise. 

SACD DSD support?

Reply #4
Sorry for advertising illegal software.

Of course the right way should be:

Burn your legaly aquired dts album on CD as an unedited wav track and play it back on any (hardware or software) device that has a dts decoder.

BTW: Not really related, but it's no wonder why 5.1 playback has a really bad pentration rate. Glad that Philips didn't had the vision of computers playing back music