Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AAC tag/audio properties issue: says audio quality is Low and shows kbps as 0. (Read 4749 times) previous topic - next topic

AAC tag/audio properties issue: says audio quality is Low and shows kbps as 0.

Hello, for some reason when encoding to AAC with Foobar2000 or any program for that matter, I seem to have an issue with the tag of the AAC file showing the quality of the encoding as "Low (Lossy)" and Bit Rate being 0 kbps. I tried reinstalling iTunes and dBpoweramp as I believe it was dBpoweramp that was doing the tagging yet I still could not fix the problem. Attached is a screenshot of this particular issue.

Re: AAC tag/audio properties issue: says audio quality is Low and shows kbps as 0.

Reply #1
Could you post the first 100 KB of the file?

Re: AAC tag/audio properties issue: says audio quality is Low and shows kbps as 0.

Reply #2
Could you post the first 100 KB of the file?
I'm not sure what you mean by the first 100 KB. Do you mean post the first several seconds of the file?

Also, apparently when using iTunes to convert files (After converting the original FLAC to ALAC and adding those files to iTunes) using the same settings on Foobar2000 (256 Kbps, VBR) I am given files that display a "Very High" audio quality tag and "256 kbps" bitrate (even though the actual bitrate is VBR):

So apparently compared to the one converted through foobar2000, the iTunes converted file has a size difference of about .69 MB (690 KB), yet when playing both files in foobar they display the same exact bit rates on the bottom left of the window.

Reply #4
Probably https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/news/qaacrelease251

I'm not sure what you are referring to... I am using QAAC 2.64. I've tried foobar2000 and LameXP with QAAC and I get the same results. The files converted with Foobar2000 and LameXP play just fine btw, they just show a bit rate of 0 when viewing Audio Properties or "-" on my iPod through TuneShell

Reply #6
Probably https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/news/qaacrelease251

I'm not sure what you are referring to... I am using QAAC 2.64.

That link explains why QAAC writes 0 in the "average bitrate" field. 

Thanks for the reply. Would there possibly be a solution to display the correct "average bitrate"?