Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #9/SOLICITING TOS #9] EAC, copy controlled disc and errors (Read 1895 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #9/SOLICITING TOS #9] EAC, copy controlled disc and errors

Hello
I've been trying to rip a disc:
Laïs - A La Capella [Virgin - 724358385229]
The problem is, it has copy control.
Using C2 pointers it ripped for 5 hours, with 3 tracks marked as inaccurate by AccurateRip (1, 6 and 8).
Without C2 it ripped more than 10 hours.
EAC shows read and synchronization errors on those tracks, but not during every rip and not all tracks, so sometimes there is one error in one track, sometimes two, sonetimes this error is in another track.

When I opened [MODERATION: REMOVED PER TOS #9] to remove encryption, EAC thought it might be a different pressing, thus comparing with different Accuraterip results and all were inaccurate.

I then extracted the Session 1 (audio only without the copy control session) using [MODERATION: REMOVED PER TOS #9], and this tool showed be two errors in tracks 6 and 8, but not 1, so track 1 in EAC must have been affected by the copy protection.
The rip from virtual disc created by [MODERATION: REMOVED PER TOS #9] has no errors and identical CRC, but this is because errors were met and written before mounring, so the image already contained the errors written.
The virtual image yields inaccurate results as well, probably because EAC and database take the disc as different pressing, because the image does not contain the copy controll data.

So, is my only option to rip with EAC without turning copy controll off with [MODERATION: REMOVED PER TOS #9] and wait until there is a rip with accurate track 1 and consider tracks 6 and 8 unrecoverable?

Any additional thoughts?

I would like to purchase another copy, but they are out of print and unavailable on ebay, there are little to none albums by this band available to buy...

Quick update during CD ripping the error correction flashed red every few seconds on all tracks.

As for the difefrent pressing, there should be a jewelcase version of this album (I have digipak), maybe this is the entry in the database, that is confused with image and decrypted CD...

Damn you copy protection!