Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac Tags Won't Show In Winamp (Read 3742 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac Tags Won't Show In Winamp

I've encoded a few CDs with the FLAC format, and I add ID3v1 tags.  But when I go to play the files in winamp, all that's displayed is the file's path. Something like "C:\music\file.flac" with no artist, album, track...etc.  Is there any way for winamp to display the actual tag information?

Reply #1
As I understand it, FLAC uses Vorbis tagging natively, and just tolerates ID3, but doesn't actually do anything with it (it's programmed to skip the tags so they don't interfere with playback).  Not sure if Vorbis tags show up in Winamp or not though.

Reply #2
Don't feel bad - I get the exact same problem in Winamp 2.x, which I guess is better than my problems with FLAC in Winamp3, where I can't get them to play at all.

Reply #3
I've encoded a few CDs with the FLAC format, and I add ID3v1 tags.  But when I go to play the files in winamp, all that's displayed is the file's path. Something like "C:\music\file.flac" with no artist, album, track...etc.  Is there any way for winamp to display the actual tag information?

The tag handling in the CVS code is much improved.  The plugins now aggregate info from vorbis comments, id3 v2 and v1 tags.  It will be in the next release in a couple of weeks (1.0.4 beta will out next week sometime).

Josh