Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Changing album filename by (lower case letters to capital letters) (Read 1314 times) previous topic - next topic

Changing album filename by (lower case letters to capital letters)

Silly question.
I have a ton of albums in image+cue. Some words start with lowe case letter and I want to change the album name so every word start with a capital letter (example flac filename : Green Day - American idiot --------> change to: Green Day American Idiot)

I do NOT want to change the cue file information. If you change the filename adding more letters then when you open a cue or use the cue to create a CD it gives you an error because the flac filename and the cue doesn't match. But... if you only change the lower case letters to capital letters does it work as if you didnt do nothing with the filename titles?

Re: Changing album filename by (lower case letters to capital letters)

Reply #1
Windows is case insensitive, small and capital letters are treated the same. On Linux it's different. There are several mass renaming tools available that can do the job. For example, Total Commander. Perform a search to find all flac, cue and other files you want, and click Feed to Listbox. Then use Files > Multi-Rename Tool. There you can select Uppercase/Lowercase. If you want to correct the filenames in the cue sheets to the correct case, you can use CUETools on them with the Correct filenames action.

Reply #2
The thing is I didnt want to edit anything on the .cue file. I know I can open the .cue with the notepad and just edit the name of the file adding the capital letters.

I justg wanted to edit the flac filename and if one day I want to burn a copy the extracted cue would not give me an error.

Reply #3
The unedited cue sheet will work on Windows if only the letter case was changed.