Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 132647 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #175
beta8 and beta10 (at least) will no longer search the filepath in media library search by default, you now need to specify "%path% HAS .."

Reply #176
External HDDs are disconnected quite often

Hello, I don't know if a bug or my only problem, but I have noted that with the last betas of FB v2, my external HDDs (4 USB 3.0 units) are quite often disconnected.
Time to time it also happens that a disconnected unit is not automatically re-connected: I have then to manually remove and re-attach the USB cable.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #177
I think those are not have to have such a big font?

Reply #179
Quote from: josemescud
If you mean the titles you indicate in red I think they cannot be modified.
You can only modify the source for metadata.
Yep this is what i meant. Weird we can't modify the size of this dont. Why it is suppose to be a bigger than other fonts?

Reply #180
Beta 10:
Selecting several files in Directory Opus and hitting Enter briefly shows them in the playlist one by one, and only retains the very last file and start playing it.

1.6.12 - works fine - selecting several files in Directory Opus and hitting Enter shows them all in foobar2000 and starts playing the very first one.

If instead of hitting Enter - right clicking and selecting "Open in foobar2000" in the context menu - works fine in beta 10 - shows them all in foobar2000 and starts playing the very first one.

Reply #181
Note about beta 11,

I wasn't even going to make a new beta this week, but I figured out a solution for a random shutdown crash issue that gets auto-reported a lot, I really want to know if the solution works.

Beta 11 doesn't address all issues known to me at the moment. Expect a thorough cleanup of remaining issues sometime next month. Until then, keep the reports coming and thanks for all the feedback so far.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #182
Can anyone else confirm if the playback statistics' %rating% values are misreported after installing version 2 (now beta 11)? Or is this just happening to me?

In the case that it might be a bug specific to me I am including two attachments. The XML playback statistics export of the same track from v1.6.12 and from v2b11. On v1.6 the %rating% is 3, and on v2b11 the %rating% is reported as 3.5.

Reply #183
When I open the console window, I often get a "database is locked" error. It occurs when foobar2000 is loaded. And while I can't be specific, it often happens when I try to play a particular file.
There seems to be a delay in the operation of foobar2000 when this DB error occurs.

Code: [Select]
Components loaded in: 0:00.011037
Configuration read in: 0:00.001171
foobar2000 v2.0 beta 11+log x64 [standard]
Playlist #0 loaded in 0:00.159534
User Interface initialized in: 0:00.386367
FFmpeg version: 5.1
Loading foo_discogger
foo_discogger: http_client service ready
Startup time : 0:00.478256
Watching: D:\Music
Library initialized after 0:02.441319
could not compile SQL:
SELECT info, infoBrowse, size, lastModified, infoBrowseTime, created, attribs, attribsValid, playCount, dateAdded, lastPlayed, firstPlayed, rating FROM metadb WHERE name = ?
database is locked
could not compile SQL:
SELECT info, infoBrowse, size, lastModified, infoBrowseTime, created, attribs, attribsValid, playCount, dateAdded, lastPlayed, firstPlayed, rating FROM metadb WHERE name = ?
database is locked
could not compile SQL:
database is locked
could not compile SQL:
database is locked
could not compile SQL:
database is locked

Reply #184
Album List. View is "By folder structure". In a folder, which has many single files, every file with its own embedded art. Folder holds no art file. Clicking the first file, it shows its art in playlist view. On clicking subsequent files, it does not refresh art. Screenshot related. fb2k2x64 beta 11
X

Yep this is what i meant. Weird we can't modify the size of this dont. Why it is suppose to be a bigger than other fonts?

Noticed it as well.

Reply #185
Beta 12 - High CPU usage on my old 32bit Windows 10 fully patched

Hello, I am sorry I didn't extensively tested beta 11, however, this new Beta 12 along with the last Windows 10 updates (I don't know which one is the main responsible) make my old 32bit Windows 10 PC unusable.
Over 80% of CPU usage reported and continuous audio cuts and whistles (also updated Behringer UMC ASIO driver).

Regards, Andrea

Reply #186

Hello, I am sorry I didn't extensively tested beta 11, however, this new Beta 12 along with the last Windows 10 updates (I don't know which one is the main responsible) make my old 32bit Windows 10 PC unusable.
Over 80% of CPU usage reported and continuous audio cuts and whistles (also updated Behringer UMC ASIO driver).

Regards, Andrea

If you are using ASIO as output, first try these 3 components:
Official: https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_asio
Unofficial: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_out_asio%2Bdsd/
Unofficial: https://sourceforge.net/projects/foobar2000-wasap2-output/files/
It could be a driver or output issue. Have you also tried the Default outputs (WASAPI shared and exclusive)?

Reply #187
SACD DSD files did not get imported on upgrade

Reply #188

Regards, Andrea

What CPU does your computer use?

The 32-bit build of foobaf2000 v2.0 runs fine for me on my Windows 10 Professional x64 machine using my Intel Core i5 7500.  CPU usage is about 0% average playing FLAC with about spike to about 1-3% from time-to-time.  WavPack being slightly more demanding at 0.5% average.  All considered normal on my end.  And that's with the normal DSP usage for me as well.

Reply #189

Regards, Andrea

Hello @Gus., @Chibisteven , I think the problem was not completely due to Foobar v2.
I rebooted the PC and the CPU load went down by itself. Probably something was leftover from the previous MS Win update.

Moreover, I found that my buffering settings were all 0. Thereof I set these to my so far used sizes (see attached).

Doing so, Foobar v2 can now play smoothly comparable with previous v1.6.
Due to my quite demanding audio setup and relatively low performance 32bit PC, the CPU usage is so:
- 44kHz 16bit FLAC => 50% CPU
- SACD ISO => 70% CPU
This is fine for me now. I can play anything.

If anyone has / knows a better/optimal Buffer setting, please let me know.

Thanks for your support
Regards, Andrea

Reply #190

Regards, Andrea

Hello @Gus., @Chibisteven , I think the problem was not completely due to Foobar v2.
I rebooted the PC and the CPU load went down by itself. Probably something was leftover from the previous MS Win update.

Moreover, I found that my buffering settings were all 0. Thereof I set these to my so far used sizes (see attached).

Doing so, Foobar v2 can now play smoothly comparable with previous v1.6.
Due to my quite demanding audio setup and relatively low performance 32bit PC, the CPU usage is so:
- 44kHz 16bit FLAC => 50% CPU
- SACD ISO => 70% CPU
This is fine for me now. I can play anything.

If anyone has / knows a better/optimal Buffer setting, please let me know.

Thanks for your support
Regards, Andrea

I find that leaving the file buffering at defaults is best.  Output buffer usually has more impact against drop outs as everything has time to be fully processed through the whole foobar2000 chain, especially on really old, slow computers, on more modern, faster ones like mine it makes no difference at all where things are set but can provide some protection if a mechanical hard drive is put under a continuous heavy load.

The network buffering might be fine to adjust if your internet connection isn't very stable but I leave the file buffering at it's defaults.

I switch between 1 and 30 seconds depending on what I'm doing.  If I'm playing a whole playlist nonstop then exclusive mode works best so I set it to 30 seconds and leave it running.  Otherwise I use shared mode with 1 second as it's much more responsive when making changes in the DSP area for example as I don't have to wait long for changes to take effect.

As for your settings: Change your full file buffering to 0 KB.  500 MB will put a huge load on your CPU and consume a large amount of RAM.  Instead adjust only the read ahead until it plays smoothly or increase the output buffer.

Reply #191
still can't search any songs in playlist

Reply #192
Beta 12 - Cannot play (certain) WMA files

Hello, thanking all who supported me with my others issues, I am here again reporting that I have problems with certain WMA files.

I get the error "Unable to open item for playback (24-bit WMA Lossless decoding is broken on Windows 10, use foo_input_ffmpeg to decode this file): "xxxx.wma"

Now, the problem is that even with foo_input_ffmpeg these files cannot be played, while other players like the same Windows 10 Groove and JRiver MC29 can play without problems.

In my FB v2 I have installed obviously also the default FFmpeg decoder foo_input_std v5.1

Regards, Andrea

Reply #193
Now, the problem is that even with foo_input_ffmpeg these files cannot be played
And what exactly is happening when you try to play them with foo_input_ffmpeg? Also, show your foo_input_ffmpeg settings.

Reply #194
Now, the problem is that even with foo_input_ffmpeg these files cannot be played
And what exactly is happening when you try to play them with foo_input_ffmpeg? Also, show your foo_input_ffmpeg settings.

Hello @Bogozo , I did not configure foo_input_ffmpeg, I am sorry, I do not have any "external" decoder. I just tryed to install to check if it was just the matter to have it missing. In the past I never used it.

So, I relly do not know why FB v2 doesn't play my WMA.

If you have suggestion/instruction to use foo_input_ffmpeg, please give me step-by-step direction.

Thanks and regards, Andrea

Reply #195
Did you put ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe in the root of the foobar folder?
https://github.com/GyanD/codexffmpeg/releases

The other players use DirectShow and Windows Media Foundation, which foobar does not.

Reply #196
Did you put ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe in the root of the foobar folder?
https://github.com/GyanD/codexffmpeg/releases/tag/5.1.2

The other players use DirectShow and Windows Media Foundation, which foobar does not.

Hello @Gus., I downloaded both full_build and full_build_shared. Copied in ProgramFiles, then set FB v2 FFmpeg config to point to these directory (one at a time), ticked also WMA association.

Nothing out. FB v2 reoports "Unable to open item for playback (Could not start the decoder: could not start the worker process):..."

In attachment my FFmpeg configuration.

Kind regards, Andrea

Reply #197
I'm guessing FFMPEG doesn't support the format because no one uses it, even Microsoft, and maybe because of the license. Either way, I've never come across a sample to check if it plays or how.

Reply #198
I tried converting a 16-bit FLAC to a 24-bit WMA Lossless using WMAEncode64.exe with the options:

--silent --codec lossless --out-bitdepth 24 - %d

The resulting file will not play in either Foobar v1 or v2 resulting in the same error message as AndreaT about needing foo_input_ffmpeg.  I did not add that plugin to try, but noted that the file will play fine in both MusicBee and AIMP which use the bass_wma.dll as a plugin.  Forcing both to use system codecs resulted in no-play.  Windows 10 21H2 x64.

Edit:  forgot to add that Window Media Payer is not "activated" on my system, which may explain the no-plays when AIMP and MusicBee were forced to use system codecs.

Reply #199
Ratings are not displayed properly. Track shows 4, context menu 5 and Properties 4.5. 4.5 was the result of conversion from 1.6.12 to 2.0, should be 4